Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not the message I was expecting to pop on the screen...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also noticed the error. But I also noticed that my settings for the left/right panel on the instrument display had been forgotten. So... this is consistent with the theory that there has been some sort of mass update that caused the error.

Funny side note: I emailed our service guy, figuring my car was totally hosed, and THEN checked the forums. Clearly the wrong order :)

I have 1.15.14 but no error messages. Two points to note:

1. The Mobile phone app control button is now available....I think it was "greyed out" before but I don't remember.
2. The reversing camera picture now floats outside it's frame and appears at the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

First day with my car VIN S00912 (which had 4.0 installed the previous night before delivery), got home after driving a few hours and starting getting weird charging errors. Talked with the DS and he called the factory. They uploaded my error codes and asked me to try a few things. After messing with stuff I reset the main screen, and when the car rebooted it said "software update ready".

I called the DS back and wondered if it was 4.0 being reinstalled or something.... he said nope they pushed a NEW update early this evening that was going to fix the problems. Just got back from dinner and saw the install is scheduled for 2:00am. I will check out the version in the morning.

Surely I am not the only one that saw problems with 4.0 but it was kind of cool to be in the loop as they accessed my car and then said "yup new update should fix this"!

First day with my car VIN S00912 (which had 4.0 installed the previous night before delivery), got home after driving a few hours and starting getting weird charging errors. Talked with the DS and he called the factory. They uploaded my error codes and asked me to try a few things. After messing with stuff I reset the main screen, and when the car rebooted it said "software update ready".

I called the DS back and wondered if it was 4.0 being reinstalled or something.... he said nope they pushed a NEW update early this evening that was going to fix the problems. Just got back from dinner and saw the install is scheduled for 2:00am. I will check out the version in the morning.

Surely I am not the only one that saw problems with 4.0 but it was kind of cool to be in the loop as they accessed my car and then said "yup new update should fix this"!
Thanks. Was the version still the same 1.17.50? Still don't have the update yet. Maybe they are holding it back from other cars until these minor problems are addressed but sounds like they are on all new cars.

Thanks. Was the version still the same 1.17.50? Still don't have the update yet. Maybe they are holding it back from other cars until these minor problems are addressed but sounds like they are on all new cars.

I don't remember the previous version, might be the same or perhaps something failed to program on my car correctly, but I can verify the new update DOES FIX THE PROBLEMS and all is good now! Just came back from a 50 mile test drive and everything works perfectly. Happy :smile: