Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notable change in 17.34 (folding mirror routines)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the 2017.40.1 update last night my drivers side mirror now won’t fully extend. I eventually got it to work by inturrupting it mid close and making it open again and now it’s opening all the way but it struggles to get there.

I’m going to guess it needs to be greased. Really have to wonder if all the extra open and close cycles are what led to this problem. Could just be software but the passenger side opens fine and way faster than the driver side now.

Since the 2017.40.1 update last night my drivers side mirror now won’t fully extend. I eventually got it to work by inturrupting it mid close and making it open again and now it’s opening all the way but it struggles to get there.

I’m going to guess it needs to be greased. Really have to wonder if all the extra open and close cycles are what led to this problem. Could just be software but the passenger side opens fine and way faster than the driver side now.
One reason I have mine on manual. That and I need them folded to get out of the garage. Another reason it would be nice to have that geolocation idea that was floated. No autounfold at this location.

my mirrors do not unfold now any more when i enter my car...so now i have to manually unfold them while reversing, and then refold them so i don't hit the side of my garage, and then unfold them again when done backing up...

and here's the kicker...this problem only occurs when reversing out of my garage...if i'm in a parking space, the mirrors unfold as intended.

I thought with current software if you folded them it won’t auto unfold (assuming you have that enabled) for you.

I use auto fold/unfold all the time to tell me the car has done autolock on walk away. On getting to my narrow garage I hit manual fold and it never unfolds again until I back out and hit manual unfold. Then it does it auto for all autolock/unlock until I get home and manually fold again. Works great.

I’ve not tried leaving it folded and checking what forward speed overrides the folded. I believe that was upped to 35-40 mph?

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone and hacer