Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November 2016 lending / current loan rates and best deals you have found.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For better visibiliy and sharing some of the good deals we all come across, I wanted to start this new thread.

To recap, currently:

- Alliant stands at 1.99% for 60 & 72 months, 2.24% for 78

- Energy Federal gets you 1.43% for 60 months: Auto Rates :: Rates :: Energy Federal Credit Union

- Digital Credit Union gets you 1.49% for 65 or fewer months: Vehicle Loan Rates | DCU | Massachusetts | New Hampshire

- Tesla Motors Lending via Tech CU: 1.74% for 72 months.

Thanks again to those who shared these.

Please feel free to share if you've found anything good, and/or the actual rates you're getting approved for, if you'd like.

So a few caveats for "nonmember" rates:

Digital FCU requires you to direct deposit your paycheck to qualify for a 0.5% discount. Otherwise you open a $5 savings account and the lowest rate is 2.24%. Then you can take a 0.25% discount for an electric car to potentially qualify for 1.99% for a 65 month max. term with a spotless credit history.

Energy FCU also requires some pre-work before they will even start your loan application. You will pay a credit union membership application fee of $10 and fill out a paper form, then snail mail the whole kit and caboodle to Maryland. If you don't work for an affiliate select employer group company, then you will also have to separately join the Chinese Culture and Community Center for which you will pay another $25. So if you are tight on time, take this processing delay into consideration.Then you can qualify for the rate shown by the OP.

• Informative
Reactions: gastowatts
Technology FCU membership qualifications:
Who Can Join?
  • Anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Cruz or San Francisco Counties
  • Employees of TechCU@Work companies – search for your employer
  • Family members of current Tech CU members
  • Members of our many affiliated organizations including: the Financial Fitness Association, the Northern California Human Resource Association (NCHRA), or the San Jose State University Alumni Association (SJSUAA)
  • Employees and employers of public or private technology-based entities with a location in California

Spoke with a rep at Tech CU. To join you can sign up for membership at an affiliate organization; for example, Financial Fitness Assoc. dues are $8. Then a $25 minimum deposit to open a savings account. Their absolute best rates for purchasing a Tesla is 1.49% for 60 mos. and 1.99% for 66 mos. I didn't ask about longer terms...

So, Tech CU is one of the Tesla "in-house" lending institutions?
YES. Tesla is one of their "select employer groups". You will still need to join if you don't meet any of those criteria I posted though. It is curious that if you search "Tesla financing" on their website it will take you to a special loan application form. Unless you're a member they won't process it though.

I called alliant today. Doesnt seem like the loan person i talked to know anything about tesla. Is there a special tesla loan number i should be calling?
There's an application here: Tesla Loan Application

There's a phone number listed as well but it's probably a generic phone number. Our OA gave us the number for the local Alliant rep who knows everything about Tesla financing. Perhaps your OA could provide a contact number for you as well?

Last edited: