Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November 2016 lending / current loan rates and best deals you have found.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be worth asking if the 0.5% discount also applies to an automatic deposit from your bank account. The bugaboo for me is anything I'd have to arrange with my employer involving my paycheck 100% or otherwise. I didn't pursue it because I got better terms from TCU for my situation. Still waiting for confirmation of my membership, still within the estimate of 48 hours to approve.

Fyi, Alliant extra discount requires bank account, not paycheck direct deposit.

Thanks, so there is still hope! If waiting a few days and a 15mins hold can give me a 0.5% lower rate, seems worth it.... :D

Got a call from DCU today that I was approved for 65 months @ 1.99%. Reminded them it was a Tesla and they dropped it to 1.74% and then I enquired about the 1.49% posted online and they said that only applies if I direct-deposit 100% of my paycheck just like with @spiderbro. I declined and am sticking with Alliant 72 months @1.99%. DCU seemed slow and not as responsive anyway.

TCU still hasn't opened my savings account after 5 days. Weird that they were so prompt offering the loan, but so slow to actually start taking any real action. I may pursue US Bank as a back up, but I don't want to have a bunch of crappy little bank accounts hither and yon that I'll then have to go back and close out.

Do you mind sharing details of your financing? how much down, what interest and how many months?
The first email I got back from Tesla requested I pay 10% down and it would be 1.74% for 72 months and would be funded by US Bank. I told them that I wanted to make a larger down payment and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: krazineurons
Got a call from my loan advisor at Tech CU today and they had dropped the ball setting up my savings account. She took over both the loan and set up my account. I'm officially a member, woohoo! Now all I need is to send the final MVA a few days before delivery and I'm all set. I have never received an email from Tesla or my DS indicating a change in my status. I just happened to check the "My Tesla" link and noticed they issued the VIN a few days ago.

I am a US Bank customer and i just reached out to them outside tesla financing link, they are offering me full loan ($120k) for term of 60 months but at an interest rate of 2.35%. I have excellent credit (790+) am wondering if going via tesla financing would get me a better deal.

Actually 5yr treasury yields are higher than 1.74%. I speculate tesla is paying a commission or acquisition fee to its banking partners to drive effective yield down for customers. Big auto captives typically do that.