Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd share a quick update on the order of the steps in the recent weeks, since it's a bit different than most:

April - EDD date dropped to 4 day window (May 20-24)
April 29th - "Trade in" text received
May 9th - Received Final Payment is now ready email
May 10th - After contacting Tesla Rep for question about final payment, he gave me my VIN (No VIN in app or website - but found in source code)
May 16th - "Congratulation, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for Delivery" text received scheduled for May 26th
May 18th - VIN appeared in app in
May 26th - Scheduled Delivery

Fingers crossed that my delivery date/time holds!
Question, where do you find the VIN on the source code? Is it on the very first lines, or bury somewhere? Thanks

Seeing some chatter here that the date at which you complete your profile matters now.

I know I was slow confirming my profile but after checking my inbox it would have been after the first week of February. I checked the source code and see a "last updated" timestamp indicating March 2nd. So maybe I should temper my expectations to be delivered within the November cohort otherwise.

EDD Aug 25 -
Thanks for the hint... I checked the source code and searched for keyword "lastUpdateDatetime". Mine is actually 2021-11-06 :)

What source code is everyone talking about? I am dumb as u know what, looking for answers
On your Tesla account on a desktop, you can press F12 (or right click and choose View Source or something similar) to see the page source code behind the webpage. Sometimes nice information is hidden in the code but not yet visible on the actual user interface of the webpage. Some people are confirming they’re about to get a VIN when they see the VIN already in the source code.

What source code is everyone talking about? I am dumb as u know what, looking for answers
When viewing your reservation on the tesla.com website, you can view the HTML Source. Depending on what browser you are using, it's generally available if you right-click and select 'View Page Source'. As you get closer to getting a VIN assigned, you may be able to find it in the HTML Source before it shows up on the page itself.

Reactions: MSMMYLR7 and Jones1
Thanks for the hint... I checked the source code and searched for keyword "lastUpdateDatetime". Mine is actually 2021-11-06 :)
Woohoo mine is 11/5! Phew, I knew I had completed my profile right away and thought perhaps my trade in offer request messed it up. I’m still stuck on a Jan-Apr 2023 EDD 🙄 but now I can confirm I completed my profile right away.

When it finally worked for me. It didn’t work. Tesla had my account on some sort of lock. For like an hour. I couldn’t login online to check. Then I saw my vin in app. The app said I had next steps to complete. I backed out. Got back in the app and I saw vin.

Last edited:
Reactions: MSMMYLR7
Delivery was easy and simple.
Walked me to my Y and said ok sign this paperwork. I was like wait ! What?! Thats it? He gave me as much time as I needed to inspect the vehicle. Absolutely perfect. Signed my paperwork and drove off after trying to figure out my 30 day premium connectivity wasn't connecting. Turns out I needed to call customer service bc it wasn't set all the way up even though it had a 30 day trial on the screen. No biggie.

she drives like a dream and today was a dream bc I never thought this day would come. Gorgeous inside and out and I'm glad I kept the white interior bc it is SEXY.

Tints tomorrow bc its wayyy too bright in this MF.... Had 15% on my last 2 jeeps so this won't fly.

Congrats to all November orders who have graduated past the orders page, see you on the other message boards. Jones... we did it 🎉
20220519_160251.jpg

Attachments

• 20220519_135857.jpg
    20220519_135857.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220519_152426.jpg
    20220519_152426.jpg
    458.9 KB · Views: 49