Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday my EDD jumped up from May-June to March 29-31. I can also see the VIN in the app and website (Fremont).

The weird thing is, I haven't heard anything from Tesla - over email, text, phone - nothing. I wouldn't mind delaying until Q2 to see what happens at Austin and am not in a rush to trade in my M3LR. Should I just wait this out and not submit my insurance?

Reactions: Ysoserious!
So yesterday my EDD jumped up from May-June to March 29-31. I can also see the VIN in the app and website (Fremont).

The weird thing is, I haven't heard anything from Tesla - over email, text, phone - nothing. I wouldn't mind delaying until Q2 to see what happens at Austin and am not in a rush to trade in my M3LR. Should I just wait this out and not submit my insurance?

Yeah, I'm curious too how others say you best should proceed on this.

I didn't get a text or email or anything when first given a VIN. Days later I did get a strongly worded text about needing to complete some activities. When I called in December to delay after being sent a VIN one of the reps told me all this stuff that you have to take delivery eventually and cant just delay all you want or they will cancel my order. Although the rep did put my order on hold until April.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-16 135149.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-16 135149.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: ViaChicago

I received ZERO notifications from Tesla throughout this waiting process. I just happened to check my account at the end of a long day at work and noticed my early May-June EDD suddenly changed to a 5 day window at the end of March, then happen to notice a VIN above my reservation number. I completed all my tasks the following evening. It was not until 4 days later I got an email and text notifying me to pick out a delivery time.

I received ZERO notifications from Tesla throughout this waiting process. I just happened to check my account at the end of a long day at work and noticed my early May-June EDD suddenly changed to a 5 day window at the end of March, then happen to notice a VIN above my reservation number. I completed all my tasks the following evening. It was not until 4 days later I got an email and text notifying me to pick out a delivery time.
There's hope for us May-June EDD East Coasters after all! Happy for you!

I got a text about prepping a trade-in, followed by VIN a few days later. A few days after that, I got a text (and an email I think) to schedule the appointment. Really, everything has been as I would expect. Had a call today with an SA to finalize things (transferring a plate, payment method etc). Not sure if these processes are automated or depend on your SC being on the ball.

I got a text about prepping a trade-in, followed by VIN a few days later. A few days after that, I got a text (and an email I think) to schedule the appointment. Really, everything has been as I would expect. Had a call today with an SA to finalize things (transferring a plate, payment method etc). Not sure if these processes are automated or depend on your SC being on the ball.
Did you place your order with an SA at a Tesla center? I wonder if those who went this route have an SA assigned to them and get more information in regards to different parts of the ordering/waiting/delivery process. I placed my order online through my phone. Felt like I was doing my weekly Amazon shopping!

Woohoo. Got my vin a few hr ago. MYP MSM blk seats with tow. NO FSd, from SF Bay Area.

OD: 11/13/21
EDD: dec. forgot the date. They txt me in dec but I delay it.
updated EDD: February ish but I put it on hold.

finally got my funds ready a week ago, i removed my hold. newest EDD: march 17-24.

vin pop up last night and updated EDD is 3/18-3/21.

vin: 406,222

Question: i did my profile back in nov. I updated my insurance just now. I got a MVPA to upload To DCU loan. Tesla APP is asking to make a payment. I’m planning to do 50/50. check/loan.

can I see the car first before giving them a check? Or I have to direct deposit them my down payment before getting to the next step?

TIA!

Did you place your order with an SA at a Tesla center? I wonder if those who went this route have an SA assigned to them and get more information in regards to different parts of the ordering/waiting/delivery process. I placed my order online through my phone. Felt like I was doing my weekly Amazon shopping!
I walked into a SC, did a test drive and bought it right there. SA helped with online order start. But, he can provide me little, if any, info regarding why my EDD is late or status of my order.

Happy to say that I picked up my car this evening! Never expected it to move so fast once I got the first text. Not even 36 hours from receiving first text message that my delivery date was moved up to accepting delivery.

There is one tiny fleck paint flaw on the rear passenger door but decided to accept delivery. Either we will get it fixed or live with it. It drove great with a little bit of boom. Time to order some USB-C cables.

Hope you all see your MYs soon!

Woohoo. Got my vin a few hr ago. MYP MSM blk seats with tow. NO FSd, from SF Bay Area.

finally got my funds ready a week ago, i removed my hold. newest EDD: march 17-24.

Question: i did my profile back in nov. I updated my insurance just now. I got a MVPA to upload To DCU loan. Tesla APP is asking to make a payment. I’m planning to do 50/50. check/loan.

can I see the car first before giving them a check? Or I have to direct deposit them my down payment before getting to the next step?

TIA!
I had the same question after reaching this step. Sent a text message to an SA and they stated that I could bring my down payment in the form of a check on the day of delivery.

TIA!
I picked my car up on Friday evening. We inspected the car for 20 minutes. Then I went back into the building and paid in full through the Tesla app. They gave me the key cards and I was on my way.