Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD updated from Aug 4-8 to July 29 - Aug 4. Time to head to the delivery center!!

I got the text to schedule delivery moments ago. Available dates were Aug 4, 5, or 6. Picked the 4th, driving to Kansas City from Nebraska. This is my 3rd Model Y and interestingly, my very first 2020 had better fitment with narrower panel gaps than my 2021. Hopefully, 2022 does better in these regards.

My edd is already scheduled for November, wondering if it’s worth it to make a change to my order so I can get a month or so delay to get the credits. Thoughts?

Edit: never mind. Proposed retail price and income caps both would disqualify me and many of us here. First world problems.

I got the text to schedule delivery moments ago. Available dates were Aug 4, 5, or 6. Picked the 4th, driving to Kansas City from Nebraska. This is my 3rd Model Y and interestingly, my very first 2020 had better fitment with narrower panel gaps than my 2021. Hopefully, 2022 does better in these regards.
Fremont or Austin VIN? I’m picking up in KC too and my delivery date just shrunk to a one week window Aug 9 - Aug 17th so wondering if they are delivering any Austin builds already.

My edd is already scheduled for November, wondering if it’s worth it to make a change to my order so I can get a month or so delay to get the credits. Thoughts?

Edit: never mind. Proposed retail price and income caps both would disqualify me and many of us here. First world problems.
The bill only gives $7500 tax credit to EV’s priced at 55K and below. The only Teslas that might qualify would be a very few Model 3’s. Nobody’s Model Y.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Wrong. The Model Y is a SUV so the limit is much higher at $80k.
I agree but was quoting the Electrek web article, which was confusing.

(Quote)
This would enable Tesla and GM to get access back to the credit – though in Tesla’s case, it would only apply to some versions of the Model 3 due to the new $55,000 price limit. (Unquote).

Last edited:
I agree but was quoting the Electrek web article, which as confusing.

(Quote)
This would enable Tesla and GM to get access back to the credit – though in Tesla’s case, it would only apply to some versions of the Model 3 due to the new $55,000 price limit. (Unquote).
It doesn't seem confusing. Only some Model 3s will qualify while all Model Ys will unless Tesla raises the price on them. (And neither Model S nor Model X will qualify.) Of course this is all based on the current proposed wording. (And of course would be subject to Tesla sourcing battery minerals from the correct countries, if it doesn't already.)

Reactions: EasyPal
It doesn't seem confusing. Only some Model 3s will qualify while all Model Ys will unless Tesla raises the price on them. (And neither Model S nor Model X will qualify.) Of course this is all based on the current proposed wording. (And of course would be subject to Tesla sourcing battery minerals from the correct countries, if it doesn't already.)
The confusion arises when the author of this article from a usually reliable source says SUVs with MSRP up to 80K will qualify for the credit. Then in the next sentence he says the only Teslas that would qualify would be Model 3s with MSRP below 55K. He never mentions Model Y, S or X. I think he is wrong, but I found it confusing.

Nov 2021 pricing should be better than anyone buying today and getting the $7500 tax credit. As crazy as it sounds, the best bang for the buck will be a 2023+ plug-in hybrid with at least 7kw battery.

There'll be some pressure for the legislature to increase the proposed $55k or Tesla to drop Model 3 pricing.