Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of yesterday, MY EDD was July 27-Aug 10. Today (July 25) it changed to Sept 20-Oct 25. This really sucks. To make matters worse, I will be visiting relatives 1200 miles away in Sept and Oct. What are my alternatives?

This is a huge complaint of mine; Tesla gives very little notice and only gives you a few weeks to complete delivery. If you are out of state or out of the country then you'll either need to come back to make your delivery appointment or release the vehicle and potentially wait much longer. Tesla won't let you complete delivery remotely or approve someone else in your place.

I had to pass on a delivery at the end of December when I was out of town for the holidays with no notice given (I'd assume VIN was a reject or something since it was assigned with no notice). My understanding is you can only pass on delivery once, so if I am assigned a vehicle on our upcoming 10 day trip I have to make that window or possibly forfeit my order.

This is one Tesla aspect that is a super frustrating customer experience; if you travel or have out of town plans. I'd pay an extra $500 deposit or such to delay delivery if the situation came up. They should have some sort of options or flexibility if you are traveling.

Tesla won't let you complete delivery remotely or approve someone else in your place.
They gave me the option to do that. They, also, offered to drop the vehicle at home and I could accept delivery via the app and sign everything electronically. The other option was that someone could go to the Delivery Center to look at the vehicle, and again I could accept delivery and sign via the app and then let the other person take the vehicle.

But maybe the laws/rules are different in Texas and they require a wet signature from the purchaser. (Or maybe it was because I was not financing through Tesla, so essentially I was paying cash.)

Reactions: MacO512
They gave me the option to do that. They, also, offered to drop the vehicle at home and I could accept delivery via the app and sign everything electronically. The other option was that someone could go to the Delivery Center to look at the vehicle, and again I could accept delivery and sign via the app and then let the other person take the vehicle.

But maybe the laws/rules are different in Texas and they require a wet signature from the purchaser. (Or maybe it was because I was not financing through Tesla, so essentially I was paying cash.)

Good to hear this. I had read other posts that I thought said what you did was not possible. Hopefully I'm in town when I must accept delivery, but it would be great if I can complete while traveling if need be. Not fun to cut a vacation short.

Texas has some dumb laws with Tesla, even dumber when you consider giga Austin is helping the Texas economy. Cars must be sold by dealerships so I think posters have said the TX paperwork has to be signed saying the sale was in another state then delivered to Texas. Not sure if they actually ship any cars out of state then back in, there was talk of this being an upcoming requirement for local Giga Austin deliveries.

My Nov 5th order date had Oct this year as EDD but a few months ago got pushed back all the way to 2Q next year. Advisor had me change finance to cash early last month and its been stuck at Nov 14th-Jan-9th ever since. hasn't budged.
My model3 lease (30k miles so far) is up in Sep but Tesla will extend it. However I will likely need to replace($1600?) tires on lease return if it drags out. So toying with changing order to an MYP to head off the worn tire issue. Tesla still will honor last Nov prices they told me.

Window changed for the 22nd time this morning, but tightened up to 9 days. then a few hours later, VIN via text message! Won't totally get my hopes up, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
MYLR5|20"|blue|black|no tow or FSD| OD 11/14/21 | EDD June, 3/12-4/9,June,2/25-3/25,July,3/25-4/22,July,4/10-5/8,4/29-5/27,4/4-5/2,3/13-3/31,5/16-6/13,3/31-4/28,6/7-7/19,5/19-6/30,5/29-7/3,7/30-9/10,6/7-6/21,7/19-8/23,6/29-7/27,7/24-8/28,7/24-8/7,7/30-8/8, VIN then 7/28-8/1

Good to hear this. I had read other posts that I thought said what you did was not possible. Hopefully I'm in town when I must accept delivery, but it would be great if I can complete while traveling if need be. Not fun to cut a vacation short.

Texas has some dumb laws with Tesla, even dumber when you consider giga Austin is helping the Texas economy. Cars must be sold by dealerships so I think posters have said the TX paperwork has to be signed saying the sale was in another state then delivered to Texas. Not sure if they actually ship any cars out of state then back in, there was talk of this being an upcoming requirement for local Giga Austin deliveries.
At least here in CA, my advisor told me I didn't need to be home for drop-off (in fact they are doing non contact drop offs and stealth delivered it without me noticing while I was home). Anyway, I asked if the initial issue reporting window was 24 hours or 72 in addition to the 100 miles restriction. He said it's one of the things that is most inconsistently discussed around the company, but the only factor that they care about is the 100 miles. He noted that the time frame wouldn't make much sense as they do a lot of deliveries to individuals who are on vacation, and don't end up returning for weeks at a time. Hope that helps!

Got a Trade in Text offer from Tesla Today. They are asking for VIn and mileage for the trade in offer... if i dont like the offer, i can always reject it right... it wont delay my delivery right?
so, What does it mean? almost close to the reality? :)
Not sure that it means anything. Well for me, they didn't. I have received two trade in calls, two trade in text, and four - 2 week EDDs since May. The SAs can not explain why we get them when the EDDs continue to change.

Reactions: KWC_Diu and anapon
I received a text like a month and a half ago about a trade in. Then about a week ago I received a call about a trade in. Now my EDD has been pushed out a couple of times and no VIN. Not sure why they text or call if the EDD is continuously being pushed after. Trade in value fluctuates over time.
did you give them the information for the trade in like Vin number and mileage?

Any one tried the Trade in offer? I entered all the trade-in information after the tesla rep enabled my profile.. now status shows - trade-in valuation in process.

my profile is unlocked since yesterday... also prepare for delivery was not checked... is it normal? i can edit the design or change payment option etc..

dont want them to come back with - profile not completed story....
prepare for delivery.jpg

Attachments

• profile unlocked.jpg
    profile unlocked.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 44