Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking at the we quick bandit and snapplate options. I liked the quick bandit ease of removal but decided to go with the snap plate for the sacrificial mounting block. I can see the wife catching a snow bank or something with it and would prefer to replace a 2 dollar part vs the whole thing.
I ordered:

OTTOPLATE TESLA MODEL Y (FLUSH OEM) FAST RELEASE FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET​

for a $100 and I like how it has more support for the grill, plus it uses the Tesla license plate holder from tesla.

New Lurker Since Last month when I stumbled into this forum when I got Tesla's txt about trade in and delivery options.
OD: 11/15/2021
MYLR7, MSM/black, Tow, no FSD.

First EDD was April-May.. but got pushed back many times. July when Tesla finally started reaching out with trade in options and delivery options.
Last 3 EDD:
July 15 EDD: August - October
Then started getting a 2 week window.
last week of July EDD: Aug 17-31
Then gets pushed out beginning of Aug 20-Sept 3 (4 day delay)
Aug 8: I received a second txt about the trade in. Tried to reply to get more info if there was a soft vin match.. no luck.. he told me to the app is my best est date.

Just got a VIN a few hours ago.. no email or Txt yet. EDD now moved to Aug 27-31. Its a Fremont Build picking up in NJ (360 mile trip).
I have the same exact build well with 20” wheels. OD 12/3… maybe there’s hope it was part of a batch and I get a ViN too! Congratulations!!

Last update! Received my MYP this past Friday. Got the MYP (Black/Black) within a week of changing from MYLR (black/white interior).

It looks like I got a "NEW" interior that they just started to roll out. The sides have the same wood trim, and the side door storage have carpet.

Spec: MYLR Black Exterior/White Interior | NEW Spec: MYP Black Exterior/Black Interior (as of 8/07/22) - Yes I still got Nov Pricing.
OD: 11/20/2021
EDD: June 2022 | Sep 09 - Nov 4 | Sep 29 - Nov 24 | Oct 6 - Nov 17| Aug 16- Aug 27 | FINAL EDD: 8/12/2022

Attachments

• PXL_20220812_185642265.jpg
    PXL_20220812_185642265.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 122
  • PXL_20220814_213819889.jpg
    PXL_20220814_213819889.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20220814_213823882.jpg
    PXL_20220814_213823882.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20220814_213856155.jpg
    PXL_20220814_213856155.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 100
Other than the color, we have the same specs. Seeing your last EDD is 3 days off mine. Hopefully you see a VIN soon. Did you get a second trade in txt from Tesla recently? That was probably my hint that a VIN is getting assigned to me soon.
No I haven't gotten a second text. Has anyone ever gotten a response from that text number? I simply replied that I wasn't going to trade in anything but I think it my be a robo text.
I ordered:

OTTOPLATE TESLA MODEL Y (FLUSH OEM) FAST RELEASE FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET​

for a $100 and I like how it has more support for the grill, plus it uses the Tesla license plate holder from tesla.
That looks like a solid option. With all the snow we have here in MN I am worried mine will get ripped off so I bought a couple of the $2 sacrificial mounts from snapplate in case I need to replace them.
you coming from MN to pick up the car? wow.
Nope, my delivery center is Eden Prairie MN.

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

Last update: I have my car, 248 days later, I happily picked up MY in Stapleton/Aurora last Friday. I looked it over for 30 minutes and found nothing to hold me back from taking delivery. The process was seamless and Tesla staff were very helpful.

Leading up to delivery day, I had endless questions that staff answered in a timely manner. I traded in a 2004 Prius (with 200,00 miles) that I felt I couldn't rightfully sell to anyone locally without feeling guilt. I had no problem selling it to Elon though and he had no problem taking it.

The car is awesome, I love it! The seats are so comfortable and drives like a dream.
After driving for a few hours, I charged for free as I parked at a local recreation center and coached my son's hockey team.
Hoping everyone gets VINs today. It really is worth the wait.

Thanks!

Last update! Received my MYP this past Friday. Got the MYP (Black/Black) within a week of changing from MYLR (black/white interior).

It looks like I got a "NEW" interior that they just started to roll out. The sides have the same wood trim, and the side door storage have carpet.

Spec: MYLR Black Exterior/White Interior | NEW Spec: MYP Black Exterior/Black Interior (as of 8/07/22) - Yes I still got Nov Pricing.
OD: 11/20/2021
EDD: June 2022 | Sep 09 - Nov 4 | Sep 29 - Nov 24 | Oct 6 - Nov 17| Aug 16- Aug 27 | FINAL EDD: 8/12/2022
Didn’t realize the wood trim on the side was new! As well as the carpeting in door storage. I have these in MYLR as well.

Reactions: Stardew
No I haven't gotten a second text. Has anyone ever gotten a response from that text number? I simply replied that I wasn't going to trade in anything but I think it my be a robo text.

That looks like a solid option. With all the snow we have here in MN I am worried mine will get ripped off so I bought a couple of the $2 sacrificial mounts from snapplate in case I need to replace them.

I replied on that txt message i got about the two trade in txt. I asked if they knew if I had a soft match VIN. I did get a reply a day later, but they just said the EDD on my app was the best estimate.

It seems that along with the newer interior on MYLR, Tesla also might be adding Matrix headlights to cars manufactured in Aug ‘22.

MYLR Matrix Lights

Mines manufactured in Aug and it seems it comes with the matrix headlights! With the light show it could also display Tesla on the wall. I’m not sure if there is any other way to confirm?

Attachments

• 83DD100C-8A99-4CE4-98C6-13217F31CB87.jpeg
    83DD100C-8A99-4CE4-98C6-13217F31CB87.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: jroxiec
It seems that along with the newer interior on MYLR, Tesla also might be adding Matrix headlights to cars manufactured in Aug ‘22.

MYLR Matrix Lights

Mines manufactured in Aug and it seems it comes with the matrix headlights! With the light show it could also display Tesla on the wall. I’m not sure if there is any other way to confirm?
My delivery date is late next week and I hope to have the new interior and headlights.