Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard that matrix lights were being used because projector lights weren't available. I sure hope this report is wrong and matrix lights are now standard.
Yes that’s what the link I posted said as well. So I lucked out I guess. I’m not sure if it’ll be standard as yet though :(. I have a service visit coming up next week so maybe I’ll the advisor there if they know anything.

did you hear back from Tesla after the VIN? did you get a text message saying the car left the factory? i didnt hear anything from them after the vin announcement.
No I didn't get messages like that. I was contacted by the delivery team here in Dallas to complete some paperwork before the delivery. Signed a document to issue a temp tag by a local DMV. So far my DD is scheduled for Aug 23rd, but I ll be out of town and trying to push delivery to Aug 20th. It would be possible if DMV will issue a temp tag in a timely manner. So currently delay is not because of Tesla. It's just DMV paperwork

So you have to send them 60+ grand through the app without seeing the car first?
Not all 60 )))
Made some down payment and remaining through tesla loan, which was backed by Wells Fargo.

I don't see any risks of paying upfront. If something wrong will be with the car, they either fix it, or replace the car.. so don't see any issues why not to pay online. Dealing with checks - it's so old school.

By the way, do you know guys, that the US is the only country in the world that still uses bank checks... I am not saying that they don't exist in other countries, but people just don't use them.

you can bring the certified check when you pick up the car. i am taking the check... i am not comfortable giving tesla the money without seeing the car.
The CU I financed through only sends the money to Tesla after a couple of days of delivery. You can inspect the car and everything and then sign the loan app for the appropriate amount (if you have done a down payment/trade in). I was doing a trade in so inspected the new car to see any grievous issues that would prevent delivery and I could sign the trade in forms. For the new car all I was handed was the key cards.
The process was super simple overall! If there was anything wrong with the car I could have returned it at delivery or before signing, no questions asked.

Reactions: anapon
Not all 60 )))
Made some down payment and remaining through tesla loan, which was backed by Wells Fargo.

I don't see any risks of paying upfront. If something wrong will be with the car, they either fix it, or replace the car.. so don't see any issues why not to pay online. Dealing with checks - it's so old school.

By the way, do you know guys, that the US is the only country in the world that still uses bank checks... I am not saying that they don't exist in other countries, but people just don't use them.
I am old school but no I hadn't thought about other countries

So... this is it ))

In 2011 I saw Tesla Roadster in Germany for the first time and this is when I have known about the Tesla brand and was intrigued!
In 2013 I saw personally Model S and completely fell in love. I was just standing, looking into that car and could not express how impressive that thing was!!!
In 2015 I took the first test drive of Model S P85+ (if I remember correctly)... just a mind-blowing moment. From that moment I new 100% that this is a future and it's just a matter of time when I get one of those. It was my dream and my goal
In November 2021 I pulled the trigger and placed the order. And today, I parked my dream in my garage :))) Super happy and exciting day! ))

IMG_4682 Large.jpeg

The car is awesome!
Was shaking hands when driving off the dealership ) I didn't find a lot of issues so far. Noticed a little bigger than the normal gap on trunk lid, and already submitted a tesla service appointment to fix this.
As to the trim: it has regular door panels, non-matrix lights, parcel shelf, and arm-rest is not on magnets, which I was expecting. Also mobile charger was not included but I got $200 promo code from Tesla to order it online for free or get discount for wall charger.