Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems that along with the newer interior on MYLR, Tesla also might be adding Matrix headlights to cars manufactured in Aug ‘22.

MYLR Matrix Lights

Mines manufactured in Aug and it seems it comes with the matrix headlights! With the light show it could also display Tesla on the wall. I’m not sure if there is any other way to confirm?
Congrats.
Could you provide the first 3 or 4 digits of your VIN after the F for Fremont....F5XXX
That would help add to the data set of which VIN series are seeing the updates...especially the headlights as there are less reports of those out there.

It seems that along with the newer interior on MYLR, Tesla also might be adding Matrix headlights to cars manufactured in Aug ‘22.

MYLR Matrix Lights

Mines manufactured in Aug and it seems it comes with the matrix headlights! With the light show it could also display Tesla on the wall. I’m not sure if there is any other way to confirm?
it is only for Fremont build? or Austin also gets the new matrix light?

Congrats.
Could you provide the first 3 or 4 digits of your VIN after the F for Fremont....F5XXX
That would help add to the data set of which VIN series are seeing the updates...especially the headlights as there are less reports of those out there.
I thought the VINs were more random in some sense. It’s F5170xx. Not sure if it’s only Fremont builds or Austin ones too. I haven’t seen any from Austin confirm this.

I thought the VINs were more random in some sense. It’s F5170xx. Not sure if it’s only Fremont builds or Austin ones too. I haven’t seen any from Austin confirm this.
That is true they aren't a perfect linear series. They still generally increase with time but seem to be in batches maybe based on the color or options produced for a few days. I think over the next few weeks we will have a lot more data points to see if there is a specific cutoff point for new trim and matrix lights.

Reactions: Aviateur17
Didn’t realize the wood trim on the side was new! As well as the carpeting in door storage. I have these in MYLR as well.
Yea! I just saw a video on them, so they must have just built our Y's since they started to roll these out if they are built sometime starting on 8/05/22 from Fremont. They already did this with the Model 3, but just started on all Model Y trims.

I'm a fan.

Just FYI, tesla sent me a promo code with $200 discount for the purchase of a Wall Connector. Well... I already have one, but keep this in mind if you are about to buy it. Wait for the delivery, and with $200 discount it makes perfect sense to install it instead of NEMA 14-50 with Mobile Charger

• Informative
Just FYI, tesla sent me a promo code with $200 discount for the purchase of a Wall Connector. Well... I already have one, but keep this in mind if you are about to buy it. Wait for the delivery, and with $200 discount it makes perfect sense to install it instead of NEMA 14-50 with Mobile Charger
That's cool. I had my wall charger installed in June and I put in the max 60amp / 48amp continuous circuit. I plan to add another wall charger to power share that 60 Amp circuit. This would be a great deal to purchase it with the discount and install it when we get the second car.

Why just half? Is there an income phase out?
Because the $7,500 credit is made up of two halfs: $3,750 if the battery has minerals from acceptable countries, and $3,750 if the battery is made/assembled in acceptable countries.

We know that Tesla uses cells made in Nevada, well excluding the Model 3 RWD which uses Chinese cells, and assembles the packs there as well, so they should qualify for that $3,750. We have no idea where the minerals are mined or refined, but almost all refining is currently in China, so it is likely that they won't qualify for the other $3,750.

• Informative
That's cool. I had my wall charger installed in June and I put in the max 60amp / 48amp continuous circuit. I plan to add another wall charger to power share that 60 Amp circuit. This would be a great deal to purchase it with the discount and install it when we get the second car.
You will not be able to power share that 60amp circuit. In order to do it, you need to cut that cord somewhere, put in the split box and connect two Wall Connectors from that split box. It's definitely not a good way to do it. Better to install a second 60 amp circuit connected to a panel, AND you will powershare between two 60 A circuits because 120A running at the same time could be a little bit overwhelming for your main breaker, especially if you running AC, Oven or Dryer at the same moment of time in your house.

You will not be able to power share that 60amp circuit. In order to do it, you need to cut that cord somewhere, put in the split box and connect two Wall Connectors from that split box. It's definitely not a good way to do it. Better to install a second 60 amp circuit connected to a panel, AND you will powershare between two 60 A circuits because 120A running at the same time could be a little bit overwhelming for your main breaker, especially if you running AC, Oven or Dryer at the same moment of time in your house.
Correct, I am out of room in my main box. So when I install a second wall charger. I will add a box in my garage that uses the single cable coming from 60amp breaker in the main. Then I will put in two 60 Amp breakers in the box and run each line to a wall charger. This means both wall chargers can share the 48 continuous amps from the main. BTW I used 6/3 MC cable. Lots of threads on this stuff. I wanted the 60 Amp circuit vs the 50 Amp (40 Amp continuous) 14-50.

Reactions: Art84

MYLR Matrix Lights

I heard that matrix lights were being used because projector lights weren't available. I sure hope this report is wrong and matrix lights are now standard.