TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

OBD-II Vehicle Diagnostic Port in Model X -- Where is it?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Allante, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Allante

Allante Member

Anyone know where I can find the OBD-II port? My insurer, Allstate, has a discount program called Drivewise, which requires a tracking device to be inserted into the OBD to measure speed, braking distances, etc. I can't find the blasted OBD anywhere, and the owners manual is silent on the matter.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

3. evanevery

evanevery Member

IMHO - Anyone who would allow their insurance company to log and track their vehicle operation needs to have their head examined... All they are looking to do is find any reason to deny a claim if you have an accident.

• Like x 1
  4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

It's right above your left foot.

5. Allante

Allante Member

Thanks, @goneskiian.

@MorrisonHiker -- you were correct about the transponder not being compatible. Fortunately, Allstate has a workaround in the form of an app.

6. sunnyvale

sunnyvale Member

nice I would like to add insurance tracking ability too!! More people add this more people will be careful on roads! Thanks!

7. cinqg

cinqg Member

so which pin in the switched 12v power that i can tap for my detector?

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Interesting. So if the data recorded by that device shows that, for example, the driver was exceeding the speed limit right before an accident could Allstate potentially refuse to cover that driver in the future, or raise rates based on that information?

9. MasterT

MasterT Member

Sorry to draft off topic, but I think the benefits of possible discount for safe driving with the tracking device is overshadowed by negatives. The insurance company is main goal is to make money - it's a business first and foremost and they will use all available resources, why give them more tools? There are so many reasons to deny safe driving and possibly coverage: speeding, too rapid acceleration, too rapid deceleration, too sharp turns, excessive use of signal, not signaling lane changes and turns, use of media (especially immediately prior an accident), etc.