Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obvious features/functions that weren't obvious to you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some few neat tips/tricks I found as a owner for 3 months now:

• Press the speed limit icon to set your TACC speed to the speed limit
• Press the battery icon to bring up the charging screen
• To engage TACC/Autopilot, you just have to push down on the stock halfway instead of the full click.
• Siri commands as others as mentioned
• Quick navigation to home/work - Swipe down or right of the "Navigation button"
• Easter Egg - Click the Tesla logo T at the top and press and hold the "E" and it will change the picture to a silhouette of the car.
• Easter Egg - Rainbow charging logo on charge port light - Press the charger button on the UMC 10 times while the charger is plugged in

Hope this helps any new owners! I bet there might be some new updates with v9.

One of the most underrated features is the Hold lock for the brakes. For me, this usually happens automatically, but if you're stopped and the ((H)) doesn't appear, then you can press the brake down extra hard and it will activate the brake lock. Then just press the accelerator to unlock it, like normal.

You can also force press to unlock it.

Tapping the brakes again will also release the Hold.

Reactions: Richt
I know it's already been mentioned, but I love the brake hold feature- I've read and watched every tesla video known to the universe, but somehow missed this cool feature that I discovered 'by accident'.

Thing I wish I had read before getting the car- how to install the phone plugs. Not in the manual. I finally found a video (ok must have missed one :) ) Slide the bar at the bottom of the phone to the left to detach it.

Reactions: alcfeoh
I thought my wiper sprayers were broken until I realized that you have to push extra hard on the wiper button to get it to work. For some reason I thought it was a push and hold.

If you swipe the 'Navigation' button to the right, it automatically starts navigating Home.
Unless you’re close to home, then it will navigate to Work. And if you swipe and hold it says on the screen where it is navigating to. Pretty neat.

Mine contribution - favorites that you can save in the nav and have a whole list. This is different from the work or home and the most recent used. Pinch and zoom or search for the address when you see it in the result or tap and hold your finger if manually doing it, click the heart icon on the menu - that will prompt you to save it as a favorite.

And in the navigation menu, the fabis on the right side of the last history items.

One of the most underrated features is the Hold lock for the brakes. For me, this usually happens automatically, but if you're stopped and the ((H)) doesn't appear, then you can press the brake down extra hard and it will activate the brake lock. Then just press the accelerator to unlock it, like normal.

Big fan of Hold as well, BUT toe tappers beware. Several times at a light I’ve been tapping the accelerator to music and inadvertently released Hold only to find myself rolling forward or back.

I knew this existed because I asked specifically about roll back when I did the test drive, but it’s one of my favorite new features and is absolutely brilliant. Don’t have to keep foot on brake pedal at red lights and you can have your foot ready over the accelerator.

Also great for my car port which I have to drive down a slight slope to get to. Just tap and release the hold to slowly roll down without any acceleration. It’s like the best parts of having a manual car combined with an auto.