Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not & was informed at the store to leave financing blank as it will rerun my credit, little did I know payment need to be completed.
I didn't get any notice about updating my profile either. At first, I was little hopeful about the BBB credit, obviously don't think that will happen now.

Now I just keep on questioning if I should do 7 seats instead of 5. Anyways - trying not obsess about the delayed EDD (not really working). Would have been great to have it in time for the summer.

Reactions: cc333
Same man, how are you coping? I felt cheated, I waited all those months only to find out I need to complete my profile in March hence my Aug - Sept EDD like yours.
Agreed. I did not complete profile for security and privacy reasons. One will not provide one’s SSN to future employer until the offer extends . I would like to wait until the VIN assign.

The delivery is BS

Reactions: cc333
What do you mean check the value once there? Would love to do Carvana, but MA knocks off the sales tax from the trade-in which makes any trade-in upside about a 1K wash.
mine was about 3k more on carvana... so even after tax, i saved a ton... you can check their offer on their website by entering your car details... if you want to sell, accept and upload docs.. they come and pick it up.. give you a check on the spot.

Do carvana or other online seller do any inspection before or after buying the car? And, can they return it if they find any issue? I suspect mine started leaking/burning oil. Don't see any drops even after I park it overnight but it reduces a lot after 1-2 months.
Hit or miss on inspection. Or so I have heard. Have heard they sometimes do a quick walk around and if they don’t see anything glaring and no warning lights, they hand over the check. If something catches their eye, they may look deeper and adjust offer. Not sure they could really give you back the car, But I am sure if they can prove you saw them something in bad faith, they would sue you.

I don’t think we are running low after a couple months would be something that they would be worried about, that would not necessarily be something that you would notice and report

I don't think it's an issue for MYP which is about 3 months to deliver? Long but bearable I think.
It's the customer for LR who are getting hammerred...
I don't think we can blame Tesla for doing things good for them. But it seems every move they made is mostly good for tesla.
You are probably right. Tesla has no intention to fulfill those Y orders without FSD before the price hike. So their EDD will be pushed to infinity until the customer give up and upgrade to P or add FSD. Stupid Greedy Assholes.

That’s scary, that’s basically where mine is with an 10/3/21 OD!

I’m also like the only one here pushed out that far… maybe Seattle and Ohio are the worst places to be haha.
Not because of your location, but because their profit on you is smallest, so any car they make will be sold to someone paid more (like P, or add FSD, or those ordered after price increase)

• Disagree
Reactions: SageBrush
Hit or miss on inspection. Or so I have heard. Have heard they sometimes do a quick walk around and if they don’t see anything glaring and no warning lights, they hand over the check. If something catches their eye, they may look deeper and adjust offer. Not sure they could really give you back the car, But I am sure if they can prove you saw them something in bad faith, they would sue you.

I don’t think we are running low after a couple months would be something that they would be worried about, that would not necessarily be something that you would notice and report
Thanks.. I don't know yet if that's really a problem as it just happened after last oil change. Could be due to bad service. Not planning to get it checked especially when my delivery date just shrunk to 2 weeks for the first time.

"crickets" on EDD recently... kinda depressing after the barrage of VINs in the NY area the past week. I think we're in "the void" here at the moment. I hope that changes soon.
Similar build to me, same order date…your edd range a few days ahead of me..rooting for your VIN and hopefully I’m a close follow here in MN. Knocking on wood…but gotta be real close now.

Reactions: lost_sailor
honestly you will be lucky to get the car before Christmas. I can bet 100 bucks.
I think you've made your point, no need to repeat the same thing a bunch of different ways. Fwiw, I don't much agree with your take. Plenty of "lower margin" MYLR orders from October have gotten VINs assigned these past few weeks including myself. Unfortunately, Tesla's EDD ranges are mostly meaningless but yet everyone wants to analyze EDD ranges 6 ways to Sunday. My EDD was almost 1.5 months out and then the next morning I got a VIN. Lots of the people with 3+ month out EDDs for their November orders will have the EDD come back down to something more reasonable. That's just how it goes (I've been on these forums and monitoring delivery threads since last March).

Are they prioritizing higher-margin products? Sure, but they also aren't completely abandoning existing orders. The FSD "loophole" doesn't even seem to do much any more. It is only the MYP option that currently helps you jump the line, but that has always been the case for a long time now. It's still a lot better than the $10K dealer markup at a lot of dealerships and at least people paying more for a MYP are getting something extra for their money and aren't just getting price gouged.

Last edited:
Anyone else lay in bed debating pros and cons of mods over and over… like upgrade from MYLR5 to MYP (apparently can still do at price based on OD) or add FSD at $10K now (OD price still avail) vs $12k if I buy later….

I test drove a base MYLR and ordered same day…was like driving a super-charged go-cart with low center of mass, tight cornering….I got hooked and can’t wait to “test drive” my own MY every day…. But the lure of the MYP still haunts me….except the fear of blowing rims/tires on MN potholes….are the 21” wheels that harsh…prone to hazard? My EDD is 5/14~5/29…..hopefully that sticks…and probably no wrong decisions here either way but a little FOMO on the MYP after this long wait….

Reactions: Kijak