Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see Oct ODs VINs going out 😀
I have an OD of 10/28/2021 (Base Blue MYLR) but I finished my profile with trade in and financing in mid-Nov. Later in Jan 2022 I removed everything and set financing to cash and no trade in after talking to an SA. My EDD unfortunately moved from March to June. Now it’s at May 30 - Jun 27. No movement on it since Jan 2022.

The SA said it’ll start narrowing once you get closer. So I guess I’m still waiting. Delivery in SF Bay Area.

Anybody else in the same boat?
Similar situation, white/black MYLR, OD 10/25. profile completed the same day, paying cash.

EDD May 12-Jun 22 since March.

SF Bay Area.

Reactions: lastminguy
Got our DCU loan locked in today. Question, though. When I first got the VIN the app told me to make the final payment and provide proof of insurance. Now, after I switched to financing, it just directs me to my account and nothing about insurance. Check should get to Tesla on Friday (taking that chance since we’re doing Carrier Direct), so will it update to ask for insurance again once they get the check?

• Helpful
Reactions: Lukeg5
My guess is that if some of us don't get VINs in the next week or so it's gonna be August for us. They obviously don't care about anything but California during last month of the quarter and apparently don't do anything at all the first month of the quarter.

That'll be 10 months but apparently that's what they're "promising" for new orders today anyway.

Reactions: PenPens
I ordered 10/29 - white, white interior, 20". Didn't know I had to complete the profile until I started reading this forum. Anyways, EDD went from May-June to August 22-September 19 a few months back and hasn't moved since. Only option for pickup was in Dedham I believe.
Same man, how are you coping? I felt cheated, I waited all those months only to find out I need to complete my profile in March hence my Aug - Sept EDD like yours.

My guess is that if some of us don't get VINs in the next week or so it's gonna be August for us. They obviously don't care about anything but California during last month of the quarter and apparently don't do anything at all the first month of the quarter.

That'll be 10 months but apparently that's what they're "promising" for new orders today anyway
Keep hope alive. Personally. I will start driving to the show rooms or my local store. Sit there all day in the lobby. No Mask. Telling other customers about my 6 month waiting experience. Scheduling test drive’s. Taking Naps in showroom Model Y’s. Until Tesla Delivers my. MYP.

My Order date is 10/9 and still no VIN... EDD is less than 2 weeks away... 5/9-5/11.... got me worried...!
My EDD 2 week window starts on Saturday. Funny because I was just given that window yesterday.

I don't think it's going to happen by then. I really don't even think it will hit the window, though with the window so close you'd think it should, but I'm being pessimistic. Haha.

I'm in California, so I am guessing that other states will have priority in that time frame and I'll see it closer to June.

But maybe I'll be surprised.

Glad to see Oct ODs VINs going out 😀
I have an OD of 10/28/2021 (Base Blue MYLR) but I finished my profile with trade in and financing in mid-Nov. Later in Jan 2022 I removed everything and set financing to cash and no trade in after talking to an SA. My EDD unfortunately moved from March to June. Now it’s at May 30 - Jun 27. No movement on it since Jan 2022.

The SA said it’ll start narrowing once you get closer. So I guess I’m still waiting. Delivery in SF Bay Area.

Anybody else in the same boat?
I think you will probably be in-line with folks who ordered and completed profile in mid-Nov so the Nov thread might be more in-line with the general pulse of what to expect in your situation. Really sucks about how they used to have Profile completion as a weird way for your order to stay in limbo. In my case I used it very intentionally with my April order to effectively have a "hold" thru end Oct when I completed my profile. My EDDs and recent VIN have been pretty much exactly in line with the experience of most folks on the East Coast here on this thread who ordered and completed their profile around the same timeframe.

Reactions: lastminguy
I'm still waiting for the text to schedule delivery. The app says 4/27-5/1 right now. Tesla told me the car is in-transit and that they would reach out to me once it arrived. The only thing they had me update was the mileage on my trade-in. I had to send a picture via email instead of updating in the app. I noticed that they dropped the trade-in value by $700 after updating the milage. Hope to have the car in the next few days.

I'm still waiting for the text to schedule delivery. The app says 4/27-5/1 right now. Tesla told me the car is in-transit and that they would reach out to me once it arrived. The only thing they had me update was the mileage on my trade-in. I had to send a picture via email instead of updating in the app. I noticed that they dropped the trade-in value by $700 after updating the milage. Hope to have the car in the next few days.
sell private... carvana is a breeze.. check the value once there..