Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the weekend, Tesla started texting and emailing me telling me I had a VIN for my Model Y LR ordered on 21 Oct 2021. Est delivery date then was April 2020.

Logged onto today and they are telling me EDD is 31 Jan to 4 Feb. 😳
Don't have the cash ready yet, so will likely have to defer.

Sorry to hear so many of you are having to wait. I don't really understand why they called me so early relative to you

EDD just chnged from March 17- March 31 to April 9 -May 7. I'm getting kinda annoyed with this process.and I'm starting to.contemplate canceling my order.
Just hang in there a little more...you will get it soon now that Austin is up and running.

Reactions: MOM4
EDD just chnged from March 17- March 31 to April 9 -May 7. I'm getting kinda annoyed with this process.and I'm starting to.contemplate canceling my order.
I'm with you MOM4. Mine was just pushed out to 3-17 to 3-31. While it is a narrower window, I am really getting tired of the constant change and the interminable waiting. Thinking about putting on hold until I can get an Austin build.

Reactions: MOM4
I realize that but it looks like there is a chance of missing out on the 4680 batteries. I am going to explore picking it up closer to Austin and driving it home.

Tesla likely won't let you put the order on hold with the new policy. A few September order people tried and were told they were outside the window to do so.

Seriously the 4680 is not going to be a huge deal for the consumer from the start. Sure down the road when the 4680 production is cranking, they don't need the cells for Cybertruck, Semi, etc you could see a bigger battery enabling more range. But for now, Tesla will keep things at parity with the current Y leaving minimal noticeable differences to the consumer.

Reactions: cusetownusa
My EDD was initially March 2022, and now shows June 5th - July 6th. I read before that completing your profile doesn't change anything but as soon as I changed my profile from financing to Cash (few days ago), it now shows me a delivery date window vs just showing June 2022.

They might not be dead for 2022 and beyond. Regardless of what happens, Congress needs to come back to the table regarding the infrastructure bill. The EV tax credits are one of the smaller areas of concern for those passing the bill who would like to see a reduction in overall cost.

They might not be dead for 2022 and beyond. Regardless of what happens, Congress needs to come back to the table regarding the infrastructure bill. The EV tax credits are one of the smaller areas of concern for those passing the bill who would like to see a reduction in overall cost.

They are dead in the current form. BBB is dead and who knows what will come out of its ashes if anything and what it will look like. The tax credits may be less, be more strict to qualify, who knows. People were putting orders on hold since April of last year in hope of the credits and Congress didn't really give it any kind of look until the fall. Who knows how long any revival will take and considering the focus in politics today has shifted, I doubt it will come back any time soon.

So jumping through all these hoops is ridiculous. If you really want to hold out for these things, best route is to cancel the order. Name one manufacture or dealer that will put up with this kind of consumer? They would file them under, " Not worth keeping their business file" if they kept putting off delivery of the product they ordered.

I'm with you MOM4. Mine was just pushed out to 3-17 to 3-31. While it is a narrower window, I am really getting tired of the constant change and the interminable waiting. Thinking about putting on hold until I can get an Austin build.
I really do not understand why so many of you get so upset about delivery dates. It clearly says "Est Delivery'. Its just an estimate. There are far more important things in life than getting upset about a Tesla delivery date. I ordered mine Oct 1st and its been saying Est Delivery: Feb 15th - Mar 15th for a long time. Its just not that important to me. When its ready its ready.

Not upset carpendj just tired of the never ending saga of trying to buy this car. I know it is in great demand and I really want one, but my patience is wearing thin. They must be trying to figure out how to handle the transition to 4680 Austin from 2170 Fremont without screwing too many people. In the process they may be creating many very disappointed people.

Not upset carpendj just tired of the never ending saga of trying to buy this car. I know it is in great demand and I really want one, but my patience is wearing thin. They must be trying to figure out how to handle the transition to 4680 Austin from 2170 Fremont without screwing too many people. In the process they may be creating many very disappointed people.

Is this your first car that you ordered vs just bought whatever was on the lot?

Seeing how so many of you are growing frustrated having to wait for your new shiny Tesla, I am giving some serious thought to ordering a second Model Y. This time I might order a Performance and will keep my new long range until I take delivery (I do not even have my Long Range yet). With so many addicts out there who are struggling to get their Tesla fix, I bet I can sell my Long Range for more than I am about to pay for it and use the profit to offset the additional cost of the performance model. 😁

Reactions: aguzzi17
Seeing how so many of you are growing frustrated having to wait for your new shiny Tesla, I am giving some serious thought to ordering a second Model Y. This time I might order a Performance and will keep my new long range until I take delivery (I do not even have my Long Range yet). With so many addicts out there who are struggling to get their Tesla fix, I bet I can sell my Long Range for more than I am about to pay for it and use the profit to offset the additional cost of the performance model. 😁
You may be joking, but be warned that if you do that, there is a good chance Tesla will ban you from ever purchasing again as they have explicit policies against flipping cars for profit and have automated systems in place that flag accounts that do this. And once it happens, it is next to impossible to get it reversed because customer service is not a thing Tesla does, especially for things that aren't cookie-cutter. There are at least 2 folks who have posted here on TMC about finding themselves in this situation, and one of them has owned many Teslas and wasn't even trying to turn a profit but just sold their 5 seater a few months after buying it as they realized they would rather have a 7 seater, so they placed an order for the latter instead.

Reactions: BTVev
Is this your first car that you ordered vs just bought whatever was on the lot?
This is the first Tesla I have ordered. I am very enthusiastic about Tesla as a company and as the manufacturer of great cars. I own Tesla stock. I just feel that their constant changing of estimated delivery dates is poor and the lengthy wait is wearing my patience thin. I am thinking about a number of options I as don't want to be one of the last to not get the 4680 batteries and also not get any potential federal incentive. If I have to wait, I want to make it more productive wait and insure that I at least get the new batteries.

I really do not understand why so many of you get so upset about delivery dates. It clearly says "Est Delivery'. Its just an estimate. There are far more important things in life than getting upset about a Tesla delivery date. I ordered mine Oct 1st and its been saying Est Delivery: Feb 15th - Mar 15th for a long time. Its just not that important to me. When its ready its ready.
Having waited 160 days from my order date (August) until delivery (end of January) they need to take a step back and chill out. It will come when it comes.

There is no sense in getting worked up about all the delivery estimate changes in the interim.

Reactions: WhiteWi