Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I hate that I have to pay some or any of that benefit for 2023+ EV buyers and I don’t get to take advantage at all. Lol. I promise that bill will cost me (and us) more than any part of $7500 over time. Haha.

The 2020-2022 buyers have all been in this same boat. The "current" law, Tesla graduated from at the end of 2019, so for 3 years everyone that bought has not gotten any tax credits. Stuff changes all the time, heck, it could change again in a few years, who knows. Just enjoy the vehicle. We will likely end taking delivery of ours too before the end of the year, and it doesn't phase me at all. Now, I did get it when we bought our current Model 3, which was nice, but in the long run not a huge deal to me.

I would recommend doing some YouTube tutorials on charging your Tesla to get a broader answer to your question. Search something like "Mobile Charging adapters Tesla".

In short "14-50" is an outlet type designated by NEMA. The pin configuration is type 14 and it can handle 50 amps. This outlet supplies 2-3x the power of a standard household outlet (think dryer, electric stove, welder outlets).

The adapter referred to is for the Mobile Charge kit so it can connect to that type of outlet. The Mobile Kit now comes standard with only a NEMA 5-20 outlet (the standard residential outlet). A few years ago the kit include both the 5-20 and 14-50 adapters, but now you have to purchase the 14-50 separately if you want it.

Its important to know that there are many outlet types out there. You get purchase them one at a time or there is an entire bundle kit from Tesla here that has some of the most common types:

Many people only get the 14-50 as it is somewhat common (I believe it is the standard RV connector so many RV parks have this outlet). I personally have a NEMA 6-50 (what my garage is wired for) adapter and a 14-50 adapter.

The main use case for these is either getting your setup at home figured out, or planning to charge at personal destinations like friends, family, RV parks, etc.

Hope this helps!
Gotchya, my garage has a 14-50 outlet we installed during the build for the EV charging at home. Getting my wall connector installed this week. But the adapter would be if I charged elsewhere correct?

Gotchya, my garage has a 14-50 outlet we installed during the build for the EV charging at home. Getting my wall connector installed this week. But the adapter would be if I charged elsewhere correct?
I opted not to get the wall connector even though it looks awesome bcIt was too much more of an expense to get it vs. installing a 14-50, at least for me; also the 29-30 mph charge is done for my daily use vs the 40-something mph for the wall connector. We just built as well but before I knew I was getting this; I would put a wall connector in next time for sure!

Edit: congrats on the VIN today my friend!

Reactions: JDEWD250 and idocnj
I opted not to get the wall connector even though it looks awesome bcIt was too much more of an expense to get it vs. installing a 14-50, at least for me; also the 29-30 mph charge is done for my daily use vs the 40-something mph for the wall connector. We just built as well but before I knew I was getting this; I would put a wall connector in next time for sure!

Thank you! Hardly seems real…

Reactions: MizzleD

Yes- the adapter connects to the Mobile Charger which is meant to travel with your car (although many people use that as the primary home charger). Its meant to travel with your car (in your trunk) and allow you to connect to different outlet sources by changing what adapter you use with it. One end is an interchangeable wall plug and the other end is the "Tesla connector" that fits into your car.

Here is a good video showing how the plugs can change out of the Mobile Connector

Well at 8am I got a new EDD…right on schedule with the last 2 out 3 EDD changes, second day of my EDD window and around 8 am.
So now with the new EDD window starting Aug 21 I will (unwillingly) celebrate 300 days of waiting…I might have to get myself a pity cake 🤣😂

(This being my 18th EDD I am running out of characters in my signature 🤣😂)

It’s truly a shame that the EV credit is not retroactive. I hate that I effectively get to pay for that benefit all the 2023 EV buyers will get and I can’t take advantage of it; but c’est la vie I guess.
If it makes you feel a little better, being a single guy have a decent job and no dependents I get hosed by the tax man, and living in the SF bay area isn’t cheap.

When all the federal and state “relief/ stimulus money” for past 2 plus years was being handed out I got a grand whopping total of$7.50, that was the extent of all the “stimulus” I personally got from the state or feds.

So $7500 from the feds is much welcomed. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

I actually took a screenshot of the deposit and sent it to my nieces telling them I wasn’t feeling very stimulated 😑

• Funny

I installed my wall connector with a 50 amp dryer power cable, and installed the Nema 14-50 outlet myself.

The clowns around here are wanting anywhere from $500-$750 just to install the outlet, a company I had looked into getting Solar with said they could do it for 1500!

That’s OK I can do it myself!

Drove by Fremont on my travels today, The entire staging lot was full of model Y’s with a few others scattered in and truckloads leaving.

I was hoping to see if they had some of the front giga castings as well as the rear so I can confirm that they were using them in Fremont already.

I got a few pictures of what looked like at least hundreds probably thousands of rear gigacastings, I could drive right up to them.

But I did not see any of the fronts, they would probably be in a different place.

I did go inside the show room at the factory and try to get a picture underneath the front tire of the MY on display, but it was a performance and the freaking tire was huge I couldn’t get my arm underneath there to get a good picture.

My quest continues.

846DC821-50D8-4832-BEA5-6CB0A96C4250.jpeg
E5C05175-8862-464D-87E7-08A5B8F0D2B7.jpeg
846DC821-50D8-4832-BEA5-6CB0A96C4250.jpegE5C05175-8862-464D-87E7-08A5B8F0D2B7.jpeg
34D3347B-AAA0-4AC9-8BE5-EE6A1606D834.jpeg
22875BC9-6202-4C4E-9BD7-E635CA56E5AD.jpeg

Finally, well deserving people here are getting their delivery in time for the tail end of summer. I appreciate getting my MYLR delivered during summer because the warm temperatures helped with DIY ceramic coating and PPF curing.

I applied 2 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0 yesterday, and my license plates arrived today (only 2 weeks after vehicle pickup). Almost ready to start driving my Tesla again!

Well at 8am I got a new EDD…right on schedule with the last 2 out 3 EDD changes, second day of my EDD window and around 8 am.
So now with the new EDD window starting Aug 21 I will (unwillingly) celebrate 300 days of waiting…I might have to get myself a pity cake 🤣😂

(This being my 18th EDD I am running out of characters in my signature 🤣😂)
I think the running out of characters is the requirement to get your VIN! 🤣

Another charging question from me....
For those of us with 2021 orders, does our vehicle get delivered with a mobile charger included?

I am looking on Tesla's website to potentially buy one ahead of my delivery, but it says Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery.

So is this to assume that older orders WILL come with one?
Thanks!

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Another charging question from me....
For those of us with 2021 orders, does our vehicle get delivered with a mobile charger included?

I am looking on Tesla's website to potentially buy one ahead of my delivery, but it says Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery.

So is this to assume that older orders WILL come with one?
Thanks!
Yes, any orders placed before that date will still come with the mobile connector.

Reactions: ope_sorry