Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes.. mine is also disabled.. i can't see from there.. i have to login to account and check.. not from the app.
These are my available docs on website
Don’t see a MVPA
583DB934-D15D-494A-8A8B-0DE63F2B13AD.jpeg

i believe it has to do with tesla finance.. for me, if i login, it shows the mvpa with other docs
Makes sense.
I'm just going go to the bank today and get a certified check written out to Tesla, Inc with my name & RN in the memo. It's listed as a method of payment on Tesla's website. Annoying that there isn't better guidance on this... but am not surprised with Tesla...

Reactions: nogabi1
Makes sense.
I'm just going go to the bank today and get a certified check written out to Tesla, Inc with my name & RN in the memo. It's listed as a method of payment on Tesla's website. Annoying that there isn't better guidance on this... but am not surprised with Tesla...

I think there isn't better guidance because they don't want you to pay with check. They really push the wire transfer/ACH method. They don't want to make it easy to use a check. I think the ACH is just easier for them and they get your money sooner. I just didn't feel comfortable giving them my money until I could see my car. I've heard too many stories about delivery day nightmares and cars that needed big repairs/shipping delays/etc. and then you are paying for a car that you don't have.

Reactions: Aviateur17
I think there isn't better guidance because they don't want you to pay with check. They really push the wire transfer/ACH method. They don't want to make it easy to use a check. I think the ACH is just easier for them and they get your money sooner. I just didn't feel comfortable giving them my money until I could see my car. I've heard too many stories about delivery day nightmares and cars that needed big repairs/shipping delays/etc. and then you are paying for a car that you don't have.
100% agree
I’m not transferring them anything prior to seeing my car.

Yeah I wouldn’t count on that exact date. It’s also an estimate and SA know nothing about production and VIN assignment.

I would count on your order being so old, lots of 2 week windows, and now adding FSD to finally receive a VIN soon though!

Good luck!
Yah I definitely am not putting money on it but a girl can dream 😂🤣

I really hope it is coming soon!

Wow lots of action today! I picked up the car today and brought a physical check from DCU (credit union). It’s an Austin build and no issues so far after using check list.

Thanks to all here that helped keep my sanity during the ordeal. I’ll look forward to seeing y’all on other topics. For those still waiting, yes it’s sucks and you will get yours soon, if not you may get the tax credit!

any suggestion on inspection delivery check list?
I used this one: GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y

It is extremely thorough, but it only took me 45 minutes. It probably wasn't necessary, especially since, as bluewhite79 mentioned, non-cosmetic issues can be discovered later and still covered under warranty. Still, I wanted to invest the time up front to look everything over. Ultimately, I found two cosmetic issues that were very minor and I decided to not report because fixing them would probably be more trouble than it is worth. I did find an issue with the trim material on one of the doors rubbing against the window. I submitted a service request for that and mobile service came out and discovered that I need a new trim piece and he will have to come back in two weeks to replace it.

I got my VIN Aug 19th (Austin build) and just got my delivery date options last night. In true Tesla fashion the dates where outside the EDD but I am so happy to have a date. I am traveling down about 340 miles Labor Day weekend and picking up on Monday. I am staying cautious for another slip though and making backup plans if I have to stay another night. What an adventure this has been.

Light at the end of the tunnel!

I used this one: GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y

It is extremely thorough, but it only took me 45 minutes. It probably wasn't necessary, especially since, as bluewhite79 mentioned, non-cosmetic issues can be discovered later and still covered under warranty. Still, I wanted to invest the time up front to look everything over. Ultimately, I found two cosmetic issues that were very minor and I decided to not report because fixing them would probably be more trouble than it is worth. I did find an issue with the trim material on one of the doors rubbing against the window. I submitted a service request for that and mobile service came out and discovered that I need a new trim piece and he will have to come back in two weeks to replace it.
Same one I used but just as a guide and took me 20mins, drove home and did more inspection/set up items. My kid noticed we didn’t have the rear Tesla badge! Now not sure if I want it as it look “cleaner”.

Reactions: JDEWD250
I picked up my MY today! What an amazing car; wonderful experience at the center. Fremont build. Mobile charger yes. LED Matrix lights yes. New door trim yes. Premium connectivity for 1 year.

Honestly the car is pretty well made. There is one issue; the drivers door is slightly… off. So the front part of the front driver door juts out from the fender at the top, and the bottom of the front driver door juts in from the rear driver side door. So the rocker panel is slightly exposed from the top.

But the car is amazing; it had 4 miles on it; now it has 53.

Worth the wait; if you didn’t get yours yet; it’s not worth being sad about the delays. Stay positive!

Attachments

• 097FFF96-3827-4C1B-9F4F-FFBBEA799876.png
    097FFF96-3827-4C1B-9F4F-FFBBEA799876.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
  • 84D23CBA-0465-45EE-834F-84E1E4FBA3A3.jpeg
    84D23CBA-0465-45EE-834F-84E1E4FBA3A3.jpeg
    511.2 KB · Views: 74
  • A6C0F523-9858-403A-AF4C-8C9454CBBD85.jpeg
    A6C0F523-9858-403A-AF4C-8C9454CBBD85.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I picked up my MY today! What an amazing car; wonderful experience at the center. Fremont build. Mobile charger yes. LED Matrix lights yes. New door trim yes. Premium connectivity for 1 year.

Honestly the car is pretty well made. There is one issue; the drivers door is slightly… off. So the front part of the front driver door juts out from the fender at the top, and the bottom of the front driver door juts in from the rear driver side door. So the rocker panel is slightly exposed from the top.

But the car is amazing; it had 4 miles on it; now it has 53.

Worth the wait; if you didn’t get yours yet; it’s not worth being sad about the delays. Stay positive!
Congrats. Thanks for sharing.