Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a "Saskatche-win!" You are gonna love it; especially one-pedal driving. There are a couple of things that you'll have to remember if you occasionally drive an ICE car - one of them is to turn the engine OFF - lol.
😊 I am really looking forward to the one-pedal driving! I have an ICE car that I occasionally drive at work so I am sure the first time I drive it again there may be a few things. Lol

Reactions: JDEWD250
So, after all my ranting about my Oct 2021 order and EDD pushbacks, I caved in an did what you guys all said and added FSD on Monday, got a VIN on Tuesday and today (Wednesday) got the schedule delivery email for this week (which now is too soon because my Bank loan expired on Monday and I have to reapply).

But wow, excited. F53!!!!

MYLR5 | MSM | Black | Gemini | +Tow | no FSD

10/26/21 > Ordered- EDD May 2022
5/10 > EDD: 7/13-8/24
6/23 > EDD: 8/14-9/25
8/1 > EDD: 9/4-10/9 4 week window
8/8 > EDD: 8/29-9/26 4 week window
8/14 > EDD: 8/14-8/28 2 week window
8/15 > EDD: 8/27-9/10 2 week window
8/17/22 trade-in inquiry SMS
8/28/22 > EDD: 9/12-10/10
8/29/22 > Added FSD
8/30/22 > VIN! F535, Removed FSD
8/31/22 > Schedule delivery email
This is so awesome!!! Congrats!!

I order my MYLR 5 , white/black, Gemini, no tow, no FSD on 10/21/21. My EDD was first Sept 2022, and last month changed to Nov- January 2023 and hasn’t moved/changed at all since. Did they give you a hard time when you decided to cancel FSD? I talked to my SA about it and she was adamant about not adding it on…but Really thinking about just adding it on to see if it changed anything…

I order my MYLR 5 , white/black, Gemini, no tow, no FSD on 10/21/21. My EDD was first Sept 2022, and last month changed to Nov- January 2023 and hasn’t moved/changed at all since. Did they give you a hard time when you decided to cancel FSD? I talked to my SA about it and she was adamant about not adding it on…but Really thinking about just adding it on to see if it changed anything…
So sorry to hear you pushed back - that is so frustrating.

TL;DR: You don't need to talk to SA or anyone to add/remove FSD, it's just on the portal. There is a button to add it - and you get a confirmation email. Then the same button changes to modify FSD, and you can just remove it and get confirmation email. It was 2 seconds. No issues. I removed it the same day I got my VIN and it did not effect delivery.

I spoke to my SA about FSD and they were adament it did make a difference in the past, but it wouldn't any more. Same for changing the design - such as adding turbine wheels.

Anyway, when they pushed me back AGAIN, I was so annoyed I went and added FSD. Then literally the next day I got my VIN and delivery for the end of the week!!!

There

I was looking at an Oct - Dec 2022 EDD until I added FSD. 1 week later my EDD bumped up to Aug - Oct, then less than 2 weeks later I had a VIN. I removed the FSD by pressing a button on my account page after my delivery was scheduled. Did not need to involve an SA at all. Convinced I would still be waiting for my car if I did not add FSD.

I had a nice uneventful pickup experience with only two minor gripes.

1- They kept hitting me with the disclaimer that "sometimes the car does not arrive on the date". I had to plan on travel with that worry. Once I picked it up, they said "oh it was here for 3 days". I thought what the heck, couldn't you have told me that? My SA replied to me exactly once the entire time the day of picking it up. The local manager of the pickup location did reply twice so at least that was nice.

2- I got the coupon for a charger 3 days before pickup and it is arriving several days later than I got the car. I had already purchased one because I plan to have one in the garage and one in the car, but why wait until 3 days before to send the coupon, especially after a 9 month wait.

OK- got my gripes off my chest. Other than that- I LOVE THIS CAR. The 350 mile drive home was a breeze, supercharging was so easy. I had zero range anxiety and pulled 252kw at one SC. There are a few really minor fit and finish things but overall the build seems great. No matrix headlights from what I can tell (from Austin).

Here is Bluey:

PXL_20220905_233242422.MP.jpg

TL;DR: You don't need to talk to SA or anyone to add/remove FSD, it's just on the portal. There is a button to add it - and you get a confirmation email. Then the same button changes to modify FSD, and you can just remove it and get confirmation email. It was 2 seconds. No issues. I removed it the same day I got my VIN and it did not effect delivery.

I spoke to my SA about FSD and they were adament it did make a difference in the past, but it wouldn't any more. Same for changing the design - such as adding turbine wheels.

Anyway, when they pushed me back AGAIN, I was so annoyed I went and added FSD. Then literally the next day I got my VIN and delivery for the end of the week!!!

There

There
Thanks so much for that helpful info!! I’ve been going back and forth on just doing it, but didn’t want to “risk” it. But based on your explanation, it seems like the risk isn’t that much of a thing since you can just remove it at anytime! I was worried that maybe Tesla would change things up and stop people from removing FSD in case they catch wind of this “trick” haha.

Thank you!! I think I’m just going to add it and see what happens !

I was looking at an Oct - Dec 2022 EDD until I added FSD. 1 week later my EDD bumped up to Aug - Oct, then less than 2 weeks later I had a VIN. I removed the FSD by pressing a button on my account page after my delivery was scheduled. Did not need to involve an SA at all. Convinced I would still be waiting for my car if I did not add FSD.
Wowww, okay you convinced me! Thanks so much for that info! Do you suggest waiting to remove FSD when you get the delivery date or does it not really matter once you get the VIN?

I'm an October 2021 order for MYLR white tow hitch and finally got my delivery appointment scheduled on Tuesday... went to get the car and ended up needing to refuse delivery after 10+ various cosmetic issues on the car. Even the SA at the store agreed saying "yea you made the right decision, this is too much". So disappointing!

Anyone have experience with getting re-assigned a VIN? Think I'll have better luck next time?

Issues were things like: fitment (which I somewhat expected), large paint blemish, paint chipping, big gash in the underbelly of the car, cracked weather seals on doors, gaps in the trim, etc etc.

Reactions: JDEWD250