Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you plan on washing the car yourself frequently, I would highly highly recommend getting a ceramic coating put on the car. They have different levels of ceramic that last 1 year to 7 years. I have one of my cars with ceramic and one without. It is night and day different experience to clean the car that has the ceramic finish. Bugs, dirt, tar, bird crap, etc come off the car with hardly any effort on the ceramic. I have to use quite a bit of elbow grease with the non-ceramic car. We are getting rid of that car today (our existing '21 MYLR) and taking delivery of our new 22 MYP. The new MYP will have PPF installed on the front impact areas and then get ceramic coating after that. Our existing white MYLR with 18K miles has it's front bumper speckled black with tiny rock chips, which is why we are getting PPF on the new white MYP. FYI - you want to do PPF that has to be installed before the ceramic.
I got PPF around the impact areas after picking up my car and they tried to sell me on ceramic coating but I wasn't interested in spending more money, maybe will look back into it. I definitely don't plan on "frequently" washing my car myself but maybe once ever few months? Picked MSM to hopefully hide as much dirt as possible haha

Curious question for everyone as I just paid a lump sum 5% state tax at my local DMV- Is this the same for others that the state tax is not part of the financed price? I purchased in MN and registered in ND. Looking back, I am wondering if I could have pushed to get the sales tax included in the financing. I suspect this may vary depending on your state laws? Not a huge deal, but my preference would have been to include that in the financing.

Got a Tesla call last night to say MY is at Buena Park, CA … we changed from home delivery to pick up at Buena Park. So this might end my reading of this blog … it was helpful to all who added to this. Was happy to see new post everyday. PATIENCE is what I kept telling my husband and also my sister who is waiting for her Plaid. It will come and you will forget the wait.

Just took delivery of a MYLR and everything was perfect. This is my 2nd tesla, I have a M3P as well that I took delivery of in mid-2021 and I can honestly say the build quality of the MY is WAY better than my 3.

We did a thorough inspection before "accepting" delivery in the app. Found nothing, no paint issues, no panel gaps etc. On the inside of the car, everything was perfect as well. I was most worried about warping of the glass since that was a huge issue with my M3P. I had to take it in 3 times to get the front windshield changed before I had one that was acceptable. With the MYLR there are literally zero things to complain about, glass is perfect, no smudges or dirty finger prints anywhere.

The MYLR came with Matrix headlights and NO cargo cover. Also, it didn't come with the screen cleaning cloth which my M3P did, I wonder if this was a mistake from Tesla or they just don't come with the cloths anymore.

Vin F556 & took delivery in LA.

Good Luck everyone!

So Tesla is going to remove ultrasonic sensors (USS) from MY and M3 builds starting this month. More suspect decision making like when they removed radar.

Attachments

• 0A9A07B4-0689-4338-B64E-2A6E2883A457.jpeg
    0A9A07B4-0689-4338-B64E-2A6E2883A457.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 105
Finally VINed today. Looks like it’s from Austin. Interesting decision, considering I live in California.
Congrats! That is very interesting indeed. Just speculating, but maybe logistics delays on the east coast due to the Hurricane is forcing Tesla to redirect Austin production to supplement West coast backlogs.

I'm in NorCal and still pending a VIN (OD: 10/25/21).

It changed from October 3rd-17th to mid November to mid December, and then I am VINed. But personally, EDDs are just BS. My earliest EDD was at April.
WTH. Even with VIN its mid Nov to Dec . Its like 1 plus year for OCT orders. Crazy too see how much delay can happen.. if it comes in Nov end it would be better to take delivery in Jan 23.

I am seeing few orders from this year 2022 for MYLR getting delivered before us.

Took delivery on Friday and the experience was great. My SA was very helpful and professional, took care of several issues I found and everything went smoothly. There were some paint things, a slight gap in the front bumper and a smudge on the passenger door wood panel. They are replacing the entire door panel for that and offered to fix the gap but I ended up letting it go. Everywhere else the gaps were fine and looked good.

Also got it ceramic coated and the guy said once he cleaned it, there were swirls everywhere so good thing I did a paint correction.

Came with wood panels on both front doors, trunk privacy cover, ultrasonic sensors, no matrix lights. Most beautiful thing I've ever seen :)
Good luck to everyone waiting. Be patient and your time will get here. I waited 342 days and it was worth every second. Stay cool everyone!

IMG_20221007_184026.jpg