Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery last night. SLIGHT driver door misalignment. Almost certainly wouldn't have noticed it had I not been on this forum. :) No plans to even raise it as an issue -it's that minor.

Drove it 140 miles today - mostly highway. Wonderful. The regenerative braking felt (and still feels) very very odd. But I can tell I'm becoming one with it and driving more intuitively now that I've used it for a bit.

Now I'm in the depths of trying to get python to talk to the car's API. I'm trying to build a solution that will adjust car charging speed (amps) based on how much power is coming off our solar panels. 😁
You’ll def get use to one pedal, after awhile anything else feels wrong... also, depending on how door is misaligned it may be worth bothering with from an aero standpoint. Rear of one rear door on my M3P was out the finest bit, maybe 2mm, and dust would collect on fender right behind it, indicating a swirl. when wheel covers can cost 20 miles of range or more, something like that must surely be worth a few miles.
but... again it depends on how yours is off. congrats!

Reactions: SuzyQ4
MY LR Midnight sliver on black. FSD. 19' wheel

OD: 10/3, EDD: April, 2022
VIN date: 12/02, EDD: 12/15-12/31
Got a text & email to schedule delivery on 12/09 with delivery dates between 12/18 and 12/20.

I haven't completed my profile yet. (Haven't select the payment option)

Called today to put delivery on hold, they can hold for 30days since the first VIN. Will see how it goes afterwards.

Last edited:
who just got a VIN? This guy right here! woo hoo!! got financing pre-approved and my MYP is scheduled to be delivered to the dealership on 12/21. My new EDD is 12/22 - 12/25.

Funny story- ever since the day I put the order in, I've been checking the tesla app multiple times per day, and I do mean multiple! The day before I got my VIN, I hadn't checked it once for some reason or another. Woke up, checked the app and BOOM! VIN is in the house!

OD: 10/25
EDD: 12/22 - 12/25
MYP, MSM/black, no tow, no FSD, hoping for A/S tires at delivery!

MYLR/Red/Black/7seat/Tow
OD 2021-10-31
EDD finally moved a few days ago for the first time from “June” to “3/17-4/14”

I really hope we have it for Spring Break, so we can experience our first Super Charging road-trip.

MY LR Midnight sliver on black. FSD. 19' wheel

OD: 10/3, EDD: April, 2022
VIN date: 12/02, EDD: 12/15-12/31
Got a text & email to schedule delivery on 12/09 with delivery dates between 12/18 and 12/20.

I haven't completed my profile yet. (Haven't select the payment option)

Called today to put delivery on hold, they can hold for 30days since the first VIN. Will see how it goes afterwards.
That's interesting. I'd used the pseudo-hold by not finishing profile approach with great success with my April order that I held off on till end October. I guess Tesla has changed things on the back-end to make profile completion optional for next steps now?

My moms Y was March 15 to April 12 and then went September on Friday and been there since.

In my experience with my 3, it would occasionally go "7-10" weeks( the OG estimate at the time of ordering) before a new date range would be given. Wouldn't expect September to stick and we get a range back eventually. I blame everyone that is putting their orders on hold/removing from hold for throwing the system into disarray( even more so when things are going "nominal" ). ;) :p