Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered and completed my profile/order on 10/5. MY LR AWD: White with Gemini Wheels and White interior, no FSD. My EDD has stayed the same since I ordered it. Feb 7 - March 7. It would be crappy if it got pushed back, but I'll survive. I'm assuming mine will likely come from Austin IF it gets pushed back as I'm in CT.
I ordered and completed my profile/order on 10/5. MY LR AWD: White with Gemini Wheels and White interior, no FSD. My EDD has stayed the same since I ordered it. Feb 7 - March 7. It would be crappy if it got pushed back, but I'll survive. I'm assuming mine will likely come from Austin IF it gets pushed back as I'm in CT.
We have the exact same configuration. I also live in CT and ordered/profile completed on 10/10. My EDD is Feb 28 - March 28

I'm in CT too. I ordered mine from Milford. I placed my order on 10-9. Mine EDD has been a pretty steady month of March.

So you went to the Service center and ordered it there? What's it like there? I drive past it all the time but never have been in it.
I actually placed the order myself online. But i did go there for a test drive. The person i worked with there became my SA as well...which i guess is cool. When I went in October, the place was pretty empty...supply chain issues like everywhere.

I actually placed the order myself online. But i did go there for a test drive. The person i worked with there became my SA as well...which i guess is cool. When I went in October, the place was pretty empty...supply chain issues like everywhere.
really? I was told no Test drives were happening. I asked for one via Tesla online and they basically said nothing was available. Hmm... That's interesting. It would have been nice to know I could have done that there.

really? I was told no Test drives were happening. I asked for one via Tesla online and they basically said nothing was available. Hmm... That's interesting. It would have been nice to know I could have done that there.
I know the first time I checked, they had NO cars to test drive. I went back a week later because they said they were getting some in...which they did. I went in to drive the 3, and ended up with the Y.

My EDD range narrowed a bit.... down to 29 March to 31 March.

Wonder if that's an end-of-quarter placeholder, and what the odds of slipping to the next quarter might be.
Safe bet.
Grab a magic 8 ball. It all depends on what happens between now and then. If Austin ramps towards end of quarter your odds go WAY up for getting a Fremont built one earlier as people go on hold to wait for Austin. If Austin ramps up earlier (say end of Jan) your odds go up as supply increases. If it’s somewhere in between… it’ll be based on which way the tide comes in.

It'll be interesting to see what happens...

This order is a particular balancing act for me and my wife, as this will be us downsizing to one car... we work about a mile away from each other, and have the ability to shift our schedules to line up, so we can carpool. Which means selling our Outback for cash, and trading in our Model 3 SR+ for equity towards the Y, plus some extra cash we have. Just have to time things out right on the sale of the Outback & applying for the loan from our CU...

And when we got our 3, it delivered in the middle of the quarter. Which I now realize is kinda weird (we're in Washington state)...

We have the exact same configuration. I also live in CT and ordered/profile completed on 10/10. My EDD is Feb 28 - March 28
This just happened to me also I had delivery of June and just found out it's now mid-February to mid-march

I think it may have been because I added full self driving and I do live in Connecticut

EDD is June, it was March 3 - 30 then when I completed financing it change to June, my guy said to complete trade in and it should advance but that's only good for 30 days ODD that they would advise such. Ordered 10-21-21 MYLR Blue/Black, Hitch..

EDD is June, it was March 3 - 30 then when I completed financing it change to June, my guy said to complete trade in and it should advance but that's only good for 30 days ODD that they would advise such. Ordered 10-21-21 MYLR Blue/Black, Hitch..
You should leave payment method set to cash until you at least get your vin. Your SA can switch it back to financing for you in 2 seconds. This will prevent financing from expiring every 60 days and resetting your EDD until you reapply. Besides, each time you reapply, you get a credit inquiry. Was someone that posted that the third time he did it his interest rate went up because his Credit score was affected by all the inquiries

Off topic, but pertinent to us CT folk. Don't you think its a bit ridiculous that we have to pay almost 8% sales tax on any vehicle over $50K? Like the average transaction price of new cars has gone up so much over the past 10 years, but our tax laws haven't changed at all to reflect it. Similar to how our EV rebates has a $42K cap. This state gets a ton of tax money and waste it.

Off topic, but pertinent to us CT folk. Don't you think its a bit ridiculous that we have to pay almost 8% sales tax on any vehicle over $50K? Like the average transaction price of new cars has gone up so much over the past 10 years, but our tax laws haven't changed at all to reflect it. Similar to how our EV rebates has a $42K cap. This state gets a ton of tax money and waste it.
I’d take 8% ;)