Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You need to update your pic to you being all happy with the note saying " I GOT MY TESLA!" I am so excited for you that you got your car! Grats! Sorry its late! I never did see a pic of the panel gap that was mentioned earlier. Was just wondering for comparison with other pics I have seen. Was your build a Freemont?
Since Shanghai and Berlin are not shiping to US, it has to be from Fremont :D

Last edited:
The German makers have done a really good job at direct ordering for years. I custom ordered an Audi a few years ago. I sat with the salesperson and picked the color, interior, and other options, including the much beloved 6 speed manual. The car was built in Germany and delivered to the dealership in 6 weeks. I was not required to purchase the car if we couldn't come to a price agreement upon delivery. When the car was delivered, I went to the dealership, inspected it, and test drove it. We had already come to an agreement that was in-line with an on the lot model and I was in and out of the dealership in under 2 hours. Most of that time was spent inspecting and admiring the car.
This was a few years ago. The reality is I ordered a top of the line GMC and got my order within 3 months, while others ordered before me for months, waited for a long time. This is the reality of supply and demand right now. If you are willing to take any color and whatever available and pay at today's MSRP, you can call up a Tesla SA and get your Tesla's today (if there is a cancellation or hold or non acceptance). If you want to pay at the price that you ordered, then you have to wait in-line for your car. I just went to Tesla Irvine Delivery center to pick up MYP, they have so many new cars waiting for pick up. The lot was full. So I know that Tesla is trying to meet the demand, but it is exceeding what they can produce at this time. Hopefully the problem will be solved when Austin is up for production. I don't know about taking someone VIN and assigning to others, if you don't check your app for VIN and respond right away, then they think that you don't want to accept the order. It's business, they need to meet quarter's number, so they have to do what they can.

This was a few years ago. The reality is I ordered a top of the line GMC and got my order within 3 months, while others ordered before me for months, waited for a long time. This is the reality of supply and demand right now. If you are willing to take any color and whatever available and pay at today's MSRP, you can call up a Tesla SA and get your Tesla's today (if there is a cancellation or hold or non acceptance). If you want to pay at the price that you ordered, then you have to wait in-line for your car. I just went to Tesla Irvine Delivery center to pick up MYP, they have so many new cars waiting for pick up. The lot was full. So I know that Tesla is trying to meet the demand, but it is exceeding what they can produce at this time. Hopefully the problem will be solved when Austin is up for production. I don't know about taking someone VIN and assigning to others, if you don't check your app for VIN and respond right away, then they think that you don't want to accept the order. It's business, they need to meet quarter's number, so they have to do what they can.
Not even worth repeating myself again.

Happy Friday my wait partners!

In maintaining the spirit of this forum, my EDD has not changed. Yet.
That really sucks. Mine just changed this morning from Sept 14-Nov9 to Apr 8 - Apr 22. But my EDD never changed after I changed to MYP. I am hopeful it is not an april fools joke. My EDD seems to change on only Fridays. I placed my order on Thursday. I am wondering if this is a coincidence?!

So i just called my local Tesla store to ask my SA to keep me on a list incase someone backs out of a car but was routed to the call center. The lady says there has been a MYLR production/delivery delay recently (i think what she really means is EOQ push for MYP and prioritizing CA orders) and that my Oct 6 order likely wont be coming until end of April/beginning on May. I asked if 7 seater is a factor for delay and she said yes because its the most requested (i thought 7 seaters took longer because tesla wasn't making as many 7 seaters because the 5 seaters are easier/faster to make). Anywho, i know that may or may not be true and i might get the car earlier or later but thought i would share. Happy Friday!

So i just called my local Tesla store to ask my SA to keep me on a list incase someone backs out of a car but was routed to the call center. The lady says there has been a MYLR production/delivery delay recently (i think what she really means is EOQ push for MYP and prioritizing CA orders) and that my Oct 6 order likely wont be coming until end of April/beginning on May. I asked if 7 seater is a factor for delay and she said yes because its the most requested (i thought 7 seaters took longer because tesla wasn't making as many 7 seaters because the 5 seaters are easier/faster to make). Anywho, i know that may or may not be true and i might get the car earlier or later but thought i would share. Happy Friday!
Seven seater the most requested? I doubt it. There's only a few of us here waiting for a seven seater, the majority are waiting for a five seater.

Reactions: SMay24 and BGOwner
Congrats on getting your VIN, dont forget to update your Signature.

BTW, I am still refreshing every 30 seconds to see if mine has come yet. Would refreshing more help? :p
I sadly know that my max refresh rate is about 4s... if they ever wanted to make some real money they should put a few small ads in the app just above/below the EDD.

Open this 10/2021 order date thread. I ordered mine MYLR white exterior with tow on 10/5. Yes, I was only few hours earlier than the new Tesla price. I guess I saved $1000 for my MYLR by luck.

OD: 10/5
First EDD: March 18, 2022 – April 15, 2022 on 10/8
Second EDD: March 07 - April 04 on 10/15

Do they update EDD every 7 days?
Anyway, still long way to go.
What region are you located? I ordered a MYLR W/B Tow in Aug and my EDD is Nov 22

Need an advice here. My details:

OD: 10/17/2021
Current EDD: Apr 23 - May 28
Specs: MYLR Blue/Black/19"/7 seater

I am planning to change to White interior but have 2 questions:
1) Will that have any positive/negative impact on EDD?
2) I know white looks really good with blue but I got a 5 yo and 10 yo who are in their prime age to make the seats dirty. Any idea how easy it is to clean and maintain white?

TIA!

2) I know white looks really good with blue but I got a 5 yo and 10 yo who are in their prime age to make the seats dirty. Any idea how easy it is to clean and maintain white?

TIA!
Hey Vish, try using the seat covers below the car-seats as well as the behind the driver/passenger so that when they kick it's not directed towards the carseat. also use all season floor mats. this is what i've done for my previous vehicle and it helped a lot

Reactions: Aviateur17

TIA!
I have 10,7 and 6 yo and white seats are fine. 2.5 years and going strong. Only thing is I had a black color transfer from under the car seat protector. And I don’t let kids eat in the car.