Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is still 4/10-5/8 since I got bumped and they "promised" I am a priority for April build but we'll see. My 20 year old car is starting to give out on me and it's comical. Right after I met with my local SA in-person for the first time, my check engine light came on. It was even funnier because I had to get my car smogged. Once that was all clear, my car was very close to overheating as I was waiting in line for a coffee. And NOW, I think the battery is going out on it. Comical. She knows she's getting replaced.
Update... she died. I talk crap and look what happens.

4A1972CB-E33B-4A20-9E02-998775611066.jpeg

for those asking about the panel gap. here she is. not too bad. just upset i’m gonna have to leave my car at the service center for a bit.

The hard part for me is I keep seeing MY's on the road and I keep second-guessing my paint selection. White is so bland. But at the same time, Grey looks good, but then the new ones get Grey Free (not my config) and Blue looks awesome too... Should I just eat the $1k for new paint, or should I suck it up and stay white with my white interior?

Save my cash and just put that towards other things like Floor mats, or my other vehicle really does need to have its timing belt and water pump changed....

My EDD is still 4/10-5/8 since I got bumped and they "promised" I am a priority for April build but we'll see. My 20 year old car is starting to give out on me and it's comical. Right after I met with my local SA in-person for the first time, my check engine light came on. It was even funnier because I had to get my car smogged. Once that was all clear, my car was very close to overheating as I was waiting in line for a coffee. And NOW, I think the battery is going out on it. Comical. She knows she's getting replaced.
Final update: She didn't die... but almost. The battery was toast. It wasn't that old but decided to go. But that wasn't the end of it... On my way home, a belt was squeaking, and had been for a while and then stopped squeaking. I thought it had just decided to stop squeaking but alas... how naive I was. I looked down a moment later and my battery light was on... weird since I just replaced it but okay my car has some electrical issues. Look down again a moment later and my car is red line overheating. Great. Blast the heater to no avail but make it home anyway to liquid coming from my hood and it bubbling over. Luckily, the only thing that broke was the damned belt. She's good now... but I'm ready for my MY.

Reactions: orion2001
Mine recently got pushed back 10 days to April 29 - May 27th. But I did get a text this morning from my SA stating my MY should be coming next month. Then he went over my financing option, trade in, and whether I need new plates.
Jeez...your SA contacts YOU?!?!? Good on ya. I only get canned responses and ONLY when I contact them. Where is your delivery? i'm a Mt. Kisco guy myself.