Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know at what point in the process we can safely assume that we will take delivery on the date provided? I would’ve assumed getting a VIN would be a fairly strong indication that delivery was imminent (within 1-2 weeks), but I believe I’ve seen people in this forum share experiences where they were given a VIN but did not actual make it to delivery day. Perhaps all the forum posts I’ve read over the last several weeks have clouded my mind and I’m mistaken and this hasn’t occurred.
Like many others here, I have my account set to cash in an effort to avoid the incomplete account info EDD issue, but I will be switching to financing through Tesla once I get a VIN. If at all possible, I’d like to avoid having my approval or rate expire once I do make the change in my account. So, once I have a VIN, can I safely assume that I will actually get to take delivery at some point 1-2 weeks after?

Does anyone know at what point in the process we can safely assume that we will take delivery on the date provided? I would’ve assumed getting a VIN would be a fairly strong indication that delivery was imminent (within 1-2 weeks), but I believe I’ve seen people in this forum share experiences where they were given a VIN but did not actual make it to delivery day. Perhaps all the forum posts I’ve read over the last several weeks have clouded my mind and I’m mistaken and this hasn’t occurred.
Like many others here, I have my account set to cash in an effort to avoid the incomplete account info EDD issue, but I will be switching to financing through Tesla once I get a VIN. If at all possible, I’d like to avoid having my approval or rate expire once I do make the change in my account. So, once I have a VIN, can I safely assume that I will actually get to take delivery at some point 1-2 weeks after?
Yes you can safely assume that you'll get the car in 2 weeks or less (depending on how far you're from Fremont, CA) once you get the VIN. While it's true that some people had a VIN removed, it's relatively rare and happens mostly at EOQ when tesla wants to make sure a car can be delivered before the end of the quarter.

Now, weather you can safely assume that you'll get a VIN anytime soon is a whole different question.... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: aguzzi17
Took delivery. Everything went smooth! Haven't found anything wrong yet... lol. Also, I do have the charger. Guy said because they have so many cars ready to ship, you probably won't start seeing cars without the charger for a while (good month or so).View attachment 795046

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy responsibly and accelerate wildly!

Now you can sleep 🙂

Care to share the some of the upgrades you received or not received? (Fingers crossed for "Received" ;))

Cheers

You can add FSD. But you can’t remove it once you receive your VIN. Instead of adding FSD. Go with MYP. You pay only 5k more instead of 12. 27 miles range deficient isn’t that much tbh
We saw the updated page a couple days ago, and before the consensus settled on it not meaning anything new, my wife called our local service center. They gave her mostly boilerplate answers: the dates could still change, no specific info yet, VINs generally go out 5-10 days ahead of delivery. Our dates have held steady at 5/6-6/3 since late February.

I think our kids are more impatient than we are. They both recently got their licenses, and 3 people sharing 1 car can be ... logistically difficult. (We won't let the kids drive the S on their own, and my wife just generally doesn't want to drive it, so I get it all to myself.)
When i call my local Tesla , a call center answers instead of the people at the local store (i assume they're rerouting the calls because the local stores are getting a ton of calls.) But i was able to speak with a human both times. However they won't be able to give you any definitive timeline other than what you see on the app. It feels like they don't know or are instructed not to say much beyond what the customer can see in a form of EDD

You are the only other fellow DMW residents on the thread so I wanted to ask if you are taking delivery at Tyco Road and if there is a SA you work directly with?

I interacted with a very helpful SA about 3 months ago during a test drive AFTER I placed my MY order. Because I already had an order in, I did not think about getting his info to continue communicating with him.

Now every time I call, I end up dealing with a different SA and really happy with the situation.

Also, would like to see how the EDDs for us vary given that we are in the same area.

My OD: 10/14 Completed profile pretty fast and original EDD was April 2022. Went all the way down to Feb. Now EDD is May 3rd - May 18th.

MYLR - MSM/Black - 20" - 5 Seat - NO Tow - NO FSD - NO Trade

Cheers,

Reactions: AbeTes
Lol I didn't do anything big. Just the nice rims and white interior. No tow. No FSD
Well given the direction the conversation on this thread going, the answer you have given makes more sense than what I had in mind as in "Upgrades" 😂

I was asking about the upgrades like... Double pane rear windows, single cast front, heated windshield wipers, the trunk privacy cover thingy, etc. All the things did not really exist when you placed your order but "hopefully" got added after 😉

Cheers,

Reactions: burningember
You are the only other fellow DMW residents on the thread so I wanted to ask if you are taking delivery at Tyco Road and if there is a SA you work directly with?

I interacted with a very helpful SA about 3 months ago during a test drive AFTER I placed my MY order. Because I already had an order in, I did not think about getting his info to continue communicating with him.

Now every time I call, I end up dealing with a different SA and really happy with the situation.

Also, would like to see how the EDDs for us vary given that we are in the same area.

My OD: 10/14 Completed profile pretty fast and original EDD was April 2022. Went all the way down to Feb. Now EDD is May 3rd - May 18th.

Cheers,
Hello MY Ocean, yes taking delivery in Tyco. I do have an SA i happen to work with at the downtown DC location because that's where I test drove (tried to actually). In my opinion you don't really lose/gain much if anything because you have/don't have an SA. I haven't been in touch with mine for months after ordering and when i reached out about a week ago to see if he has any more info about EDDs and deliveries, he basically reiterated what i see in the app and that's pretty much how SAs are in other locations as well.

My EDD history is almost exactly like yours, currently at May 7-21(see my signature). Here is to (hopefully) getting out cars in May. 🤓

Oh and the upgrades you mentioned, except heated wipers, AMD Ryzen processor and the li-ion battery (not to be confused with the 4680 battery cells), are supposedly coming from Austin and Austin isn't building MYLR right now.

Last edited:

Yes, our delivery will be at Tyco Road. We met with someone there for our test drive but placed the order online a couple days afterward, so we're not working directly with a specific person. Our EDD history is in my signature, basically shifted a bit vs your experience since we ordered ~2 weeks after you did, and we haven't gotten a 2-week window (or a VIN) yet. Our order is currently marked as cash, and our config looks like this:

MYLR - Blue/Black - 19" - 5 Seat - Tow - NO FSD - NO Trade

Hello MY Ocean, yes taking delivery in Tyco. I do have an SA i happen to work with at the downtown DC location because that's where I test drove (tried to actually). In my opinion you don't really lose/gain much if anything because you have/don't have an SA. I haven't been in touch with mine for months after ordering and when i reached out about a week ago to see if he has any more info about EDDs and deliveries, he basically reiterated what i see in the app and that's pretty much how SAs are in other locations as well.

My EDD history is almost exactly like yours, currently at May 7-21(see my signature). Here is to (hopefully) getting out cars in May. 🤓

Oh and the upgrades you mentioned, except heated wipers, AMD Ryzen processor and the li-ion battery (not to be confused with the 4680 battery cells), are supposedly coming from Austin and Austin isn't building MYLR right now.
Do I dare ask about your “test drive in DC?” I hate driving in DC, yet test driving a Tesla… Just thinking about it raises my blood pressure 🤨

Any upgrade we get, in my opinion is a bonus. Heated wipers, AMD and Li-Ion are welcomed.

My biggest hope, even more than the 4680 batteries, is the single cast front. Given that there were some spotted at Fremont, hoping that we might get it. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Hear, Hear to getting our cars in May. May is a good time to get delivery.

Cheers

Reactions: AbeTes
Yes, our delivery will be at Tyco Road. We met with someone there for our test drive but placed the order online a couple days afterward, so we're not working directly with a specific person. Our EDD history is in my signature, basically shifted a bit vs your experience since we ordered ~2 weeks after you did, and we haven't gotten a 2-week window (or a VIN) yet. Our order is currently marked as cash, and our config looks like this:

MYLR - Blue/Black - 19" - 5 Seat - Tow - NO FSD - NO Trade
Hope you get your 2-week window in 2 weeks time 🤗

It seems like even just one of any “Add-On” (color, wheels, tow etc.) makes a little positive difference in EDD. On the other hand, two Add-Ons doesn’t effect more one Add-On 🤔

Cheers

Hello, Can anyone please help me? I want to change my configuration to performance. My SA told me that I have to pay the current price if I change to performance. Can somebody check with your SA to see do I have to pay 5k more or the current price? Please let me know.
OD 16th October

Last edited: