Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I’m on the south shore. I had selected Norwell when I placed my order, but I think it was changed to Dedham. At this point I don’t care where I have to go for pickup, I just want the car. I bought the wall connector a few months back (at the old higher price) and just had it installed. With this mobile charger news, I’m glad I took the leap with the wall connector. Have you received any correspondence from anyone? I’ve gone by the Norwell SC a couple of times to ask questions, but that’s the only time I’ve talked to anyone.
My wife had an SA on the phone a couple weeks back, and they gave us news that we would be switching to a two-week window soon. Last week it moved from Apr22-May20 to Apr26-May7, so he was correct about that. BUT, he also said to expect a VIN at the beginning of the new EDD (Apr26), and now that I've been pushed, i guess that was just SA optimism - or just trying to make us feel good.

So, I'm still in a 2 week window, but no VIN and my EDD is now in May, so who knows at this point.

Reactions: aguzzi17
My delivery got pushed back from may June to July august. Do you guys thing I should go ahead with performance or wait?
Atlanta MYLR white/black 19 no tow no FSD
If you change to P you will be put at the bottom of performance queue. EDD will probably be Aug-Sept. It’s fully upto you what you want. You will hear different views about upgrades and design changes. If you are looking for faster delivery best bet would be to add FSD to existing order. Tesla is saying they are not prioritizing FSD orders but some have seen their EDD improved after adding FSD.

Reactions: patb23in
I got an automated call this morning from local center confirming tomorrow's delivery. I also got a couple of automated texts confirming delivery day tomorrow. My app still says tomorrow. But someone on Friday told me there was definitely going to be a delay. Someone is lying to me l
A real person called from the local center and officially confirmed delivery for tomorrow! Will make sure to post pics and confirm whether or not I have the charger.

If you change to P you will be put at the bottom of performance queue. EDD will probably be Aug-Sept. It’s fully upto you what you want. You will hear different views about upgrades and design changes. If you are looking for faster delivery best bet would be to add FSD to existing order. Tesla is saying they are not prioritizing FSD orders but some have seen their EDD improved after adding FSD.
That seems to be a fairly subjective thing and "pushed to the bottom of the queue" isn't necessarily how it plays out. Some people switch and happen to get matched quickly, perhaps someone else cancelled or refused delivery locally and they were fortunate. There's no real way of knowing unless the declined buyer posts a refused VIN info.

That seems to be a fairly subjective thing and "pushed to the bottom of the queue" isn't necessarily how it plays out. Some people switch and happen to get matched quickly, perhaps someone else cancelled or refused delivery locally and they were fortunate. There's no real way of knowing unless the declined buyer posts a refused VIN info.
Ofcourse, it’s a gamble if you want to take it. Highly likely converting to P will put you at the bottom of P queue. What happens after that is all your luck.

Speaking of Tesla’s cheap moves, has anyone noticed that when you make updates to your order the new order agreement now says premium connectivity is included for 30 days, even though we initially ordered when it was for a year.

Initially thought that could be an oversight but now I believe it’s intentional. Anyone who updated their pre mid-October order and took delivery please do let us know if you have premium connectivity for a year.

Speaking of Tesla’s cheap moves, has anyone noticed that when you make updates to your order the new order agreement now says premium connectivity is included for 30 days, even though we initially ordered when it was for a year.

Initially thought that could be an oversight but now I believe it’s intentional. Anyone who updated their pre mid-October order and took delivery please do let us know if you have premium connectivity for a year.
It used to be for a year and then they started a month trial. Some YouTuber covered this, I don’t recall when I saw that video.

I still expect to have the free trial for a year since I order prior to 10/18/21…

And I hope that the mobile connector is not retroactive, i really don’t want to have to fight the masses and order these when they are always out of stock. Also don’t want to spend the money if it’s going to end up being included. A lot of upfront costs to get one of these cars!

Worth it, of course. They have given us a lot as well, but it is a $60k+ car and there are expectations with said price about features and comfort.