Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope you get your 2-week window in 2 weeks time 🤗

It seems like even just one of any “Add-On” (color, wheels, tow etc.) makes a little positive difference in EDD. On the other hand, two Add-Ons doesn’t effect more one Add-On 🤔

Cheers
I’m picking mine up in tyco as well. Just got a text saying they are building my car soon and asked if I still want it! Hoping that is good news!!

Picked up our MYLR 7 seater yesterday. Didn't find anything wrong with the car and it came with the charger. The only issue we had when we picked up is that the app was down and the car didn't sink into the app, so we couldn't use the phone to unlock it. They unlocked it for us, we got the the keys drove it home and a couple of hours later the app was back on and everything was fine. Home wall charger works well, the autopilot is still calibrating and now we are just getting to know each other. I love it. ❤️
Nice to see a 7-seater being delivered. They build so few of these I'm dreading my own delivery hoping nothing goes wrong...

Reactions: Chris.Yang
Picked up our MYLR 7 seater yesterday. Didn't find anything wrong with the car and it came with the charger. The only issue we had when we picked up is that the app was down and the car didn't sink into the app, so we couldn't use the phone to unlock it. They unlocked it for us, we got the the keys drove it home and a couple of hours later the app was back on and everything was fine. Home wall charger works well, the autopilot is still calibrating and now we are just getting to know each other. I love it
😍:cool:
It's beautiful. Congratulations

Reactions: advocate8
Just wanted to pop in here from the September order thread and see what dates you guys were getting. My 9/10 order date just moved to 8/28-10/23. Sucks seeing some of you guys getting cars already.
That’s scary, that’s basically where mine is with an 10/3/21 OD!

I’m also like the only one here pushed out that far… maybe Seattle and Ohio are the worst places to be haha.

Reactions: Chris.Yang
I agree. But if tesla put SR model for public sale on website tomorrow, trust me so many of people will get it because it would deliver faster. Some MYLR customers might jump on that too, shortening your wait for your MYLR. But yes making SR model does not make sense when as a company you can’t fulfill current orders. Musk even openly said it when he was asked about 25k rumored car. He said if we introduce newer models we would kill ourselves and won’t be delivering existing models either. Guess what just happened lol he introduced newer model.

It is all about the ramp of the 4680 and supply constraints. LR and SR equal more cells and less Y's produced

It is all about the ramp of the 4680 and supply constraints. LR and SR equal more cells and less Y's produced
they could have produced MYP and MYLR at Austin. Get caught up with demand, keep producing cells for future when they want to introduce new vehicle for more revenue stream ( after they have clear some backlog). or they could have started production of CT with millions of 4680 on hand.

The whole point is, it does not make sense to introduce a new model ( which is not being delivered to public) and use a whole new facility for that. Giga Texas can be utilized to produce more model Ys ( or what ever model they want to produce with 2170).

i am a fan of tesla as well. But new Model variant cant be justified with existing model variants are experiencing HUGE BACKLOG. you have to pay little attention to customer service as well.

they could have produced MYP and MYLR at Austin. Get caught up with demand, keep producing cells for future when they want to introduce new vehicle for more revenue stream ( after they have clear some backlog). or they could have started production of CT with millions of 4680 on hand.

The whole point is, it does not make sense to introduce a new model ( which is not being delivered to public) and use a whole new facility for that. Giga Texas can be utilized to produce more model Ys ( or what ever model they want to produce with 2170).

i am a fan of tesla as well. But new Model variant cant be justified with existing model variants are experiencing HUGE BACKLOG. you have to pay little attention to customer service as well.
I agree but that is that is why the semi and roadster are not in production yet. It is all about the cells. Opening a new factory is tough enough to ramp up but add on top of that ramping up a revolutionary battery cell at the same time is a challenge. A million cells is good for a 1000 to 1500 LRY's?

I am sure they are not going to add the std range as a choice any time soon. They are using the few cells they have on employee vehicles as the sort things out. Once they are confident in the structural pack and cell production our timelines will roll back. I don't believe they will be placing std range in front of u or I for public consumption.

Based on some third hand info, these MYSRs are being delivered to Tesla employees only, so my last bit of patience for Tesla is used to justify the possibility that Tesla is using these deliveries to streamline and perfect the manufacturing process at Texas, in order to not only continue to produce these MYSRs for eventual sales, but also to include MYLRs/MYPs in the near future to diminish the backlog.

Chances are, my hope will be sorely misplaced. :D

Reactions: Coolbreeze