Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure seems like it was a Mass Push. I don't really know why i'm so surprised. I was just starting to get confident...that was MY mistake. Getting a call from my DC and them telling me to switch from Cash to Financing gave me hope. I knew I should have waited for the damn VIN. Again, MY mistake.
LUL I did the EXACT same *sugar*.
And rates are rising as well. Already my approval is sitting at 4.58%.

Well atleast now I dont have to debate between no/low downpayment vs high downpayment.

LUL I did the EXACT same *sugar*.
And rates are rising as well. Already my approval is sitting at 4.58%.

Well atleast now I dont have to debate between no/low downpayment vs high downpayment.
i got 2.99% i'd love to hold onto that. i guess the countdown really begins. How long does it hold? 90 days?

What are the odds at this point of getting this thing in 90 days. Seems low.

I think i'm in a bitter mood....hahahaha.

Sure seems like it was a Mass Push. I don't really know why i'm so surprised. I was just starting to get confident...that was MY mistake. Getting a call from my DC and them telling me to switch from Cash to Financing gave me hope. I knew I should have waited for the damn VIN. Again, MY mistake.
To think, I was jealous you were receiving attention from Mt Kisco while I was being completely ignored. Turns out they were just messing with your head. lol

Reactions: aguzzi17
Do you guys install home wall charger before getting VIN? I am debating now. Want to see what others do.
Crap man...i did...i even ordered aftermarket stuff for the thing...i'm locked in. I doubt i'd cancel my order and move on anyway. But, now it seems i don't have a choice even if i wanted to. Just feeling bummed out today about the whole thing.

Reactions: cusetownusa
The question is...who is actually getting these cars?!?!? I know we had two deliveries to people on this forum...but come on.
Deliveries do seem way down. The Teslike tracking sheet shows only 13 recorded deliveries in Q2 so far versus 48 at this same point in Q1 (Jan 20). VINs per week was between 14 and 31 in Q1 and has never been above 8 in any of the three weeks this quarter.

Reactions: aguzzi17
Our MYLR with SDD just got pushed out from May 1-25/2022 to Oct 2022 - Jan 2023, which is essentially what it would be if you go on the website and order it today!!
Check to make sure your Trade in or Finance has not expired. If they have, it could cause your EDD to be pushed out. Recommendation is to set Trade in to No trade in And Payment method to Cash so they do not expire, then update once you have a VIN

Mine has been holding steady at May 10 - June 14. If I can offer any hope to those of you that have been pushed to July, August, September etc. it's that the same wild fluctuation in dates that moved you out two or three months can just as easily swing back the other way. We all know the EDDs are completely unreliable, so I wouldn't assume that your new much later dates are any more accurate than your May EDDs. Further, if you look at the Teslike tracking workbook on the main Model Y page, you can see that the average wait time is still around 150-199 days (as of last quarter). So, it would then be unreasonable to assume so many of you would be waiting 10-12 months.
So, the avalanche of people reporting much longer waits and people with September orders that still have EDDs in June/July (as well as the lack of deliveries recorded in the Teslike tracker) make me think that something has significantly changed in April and the 150-199 day window is no longer accurate. We may be looking at a 10-month average wait time for orders from October and later. Maybe Fremont has been shut down to make changes. Maybe they are out of key components due to supply chain issues. Who knows.

Crap man...i did...i even ordered aftermarket stuff for the thing...i'm locked in. I doubt i'd cancel my order and move on anyway. But, now it seems i don't have a choice even if i wanted to. Just feeling bummed out today about the whole thing.
I bought tesla wall charger last December, that's $500, installation quote is another 1200. I was getting so fed up about waiting, looked at BMW IX, thinking about switching. then not sure BMW wait time and charging. I keep hoping Tesla will arrive but seeing so many got pushed, I might be next.

I bought tesla wall charger last December, that's $500, installation quote is another 1200. I was getting so fed up about waiting, looked at BMW IX, thinking about switching. then not sure BMW wait time and charging. I keep hoping Tesla will arrive but seeing so many got pushed, I might be next.
let's hope not. would be good to see some deliveries actually happen. i'd love it to be mine, but anyone on this forum getting deliveries seems like it would be a positive thing for the rest.

Reactions: cusetownusa