Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is just having a hard time keeping up with the orders and the supply chain issue is slowly catching up to them as well. Instead of letting people order Model Y, why can’t Tesla do the same like Ford and pause Model Y orders until they catch up.

They won’t do it cause investors won’t be happy.

Got pushed like pretty much everyone. April 21 - May 5 => May 7 - June 4

I put in reservations for a Tesla Model Y LR (details at the bottom) and the Ford Mustang Mach-e Premium on the same day (10/13/2021), since we couldn't decide. The difference in the experience since then has been kind of interesting.

Model Y: Initial EDD was something like March - April. When the EDD changed to February, we thought "Well we'll definitely go with the Y!" Since then it's been a few dozen changes, and the EDD's have basically lost all meaning.
Mach-e: Initial EDD was April - May (They don't have a tracker but used to list an EDD on the order page). Between the order date and February, there were no updates. Then, on March 21, I got an email with my VIN and a scheduled production date for the week of 4/18, so it should be getting built soon.
Overall: Honestly, I kind of prefer the way Ford has handled the notifications better than Tesla, even if it means fewer updates. Certainly helps to have received a VIN too!

We've been leaning towards the Model Y for several months, but after this latest series of EDD changes, we're reconsidering. If we get an update that the Mach-e is built and on the way, we'll have to make a decision on if waiting for Tesla to deliver our car sometime between May 7 and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is worth giving up a very comparable car that is delivered sooner.

MYLR5 // MSM // Black interior // 19" // No tow // No FSD
OD/PC: 10/13/2021 // Previous EDD: April 21 - May 5 // Current EDD: May 7 - June 4
Portland, OR

I believe we get the best of the situation. I would be pissed to get the current model Y for the same price we get the significantly improved Texas Y. They just got to ramp this up. Be patient. It is SOO worth it
But we don’t know if/when Texas is going to make the LR and P. All signs right now point to them only making the new SR for now.

But we don’t know if/when Texas is going to make the LR and P. All signs right now point to them only making the new SR for now.
What signs? The employees are driving SR to work out bugs and test 4680. I have not seen a single word from Tesla, or from Tesla Daily, Teslarati, Dave Lee saying SR is being added or is the sole Y from Texas. Maybe someday it will be added but our Y's ARE coming from Texas

What signs? The employees are driving SR to work out bugs and test 4680. I have not seen a single word from Tesla, or from Tesla Daily, Teslarati, Dave Lee saying SR is being added or is the sole Y from Texas. Maybe someday it will be added but our Y's ARE coming from Texas
How do you know that - that MYLRs are coming from Texas? Did Tesla post that somewhere or is there a MYLR VIN assigned from Austin?
I think it’s a big leap of faith right now to think that MYLRs or MYPs will come from Austin.

How do you know that - that MYLRs are coming from Texas? Did Tesla post that somewhere or is there a MYLR VIN assigned from Austin?
I think it’s a big leap of faith right now to think that MYLRs or MYPs will come from Austin.
What will they build in that big factory in Texas? Are they going to build a vehicle that is not in the configurator or does not have a single order? Y's are being built there and in 2023 hopefully Cybertrucks. They should build around 350 a week then to 1000 a week to start. If 4680 ramp goes well.

Do you guys install home wall charger before getting VIN? I am debating now. Want to see what others do.
Yeah I had mine installed in January
Crap man...i did...i even ordered aftermarket stuff for the thing...i'm locked in. I doubt i'd cancel my order and move on anyway. But, now it seems i don't have a choice even if i wanted to. Just feeling bummed out today about the whole thing.
I had the NEMA installed in January, when I was set to June, and in February when I entered a 2 week window I went and got all my accessories (3d max, charging cable holder, pet cover, screen protector, console trays). All those products laugh at me daily.

What will they build in that big factory in Texas? Are they going to build a vehicle that is not in the configurator or does not have a single order? Y's are being built there and in 2023 hopefully Cybertrucks. They should build around 350 a week then to 1000 a week to start. If 4680 ramp goes well.
Exactly, we know it’s MYSRs but will they build MYLRs soon? No one knows that except Tesla. They could be building something else there. MYSR isnt in the order configurator as yet.

I certainly don’t know when Austin would start producing MYLRs. If you have info otherwise please share.

i got 2.99% i'd love to hold onto that. i guess the countdown really begins. How long does it hold? 90 days?

What are the odds at this point of getting this thing in 90 days. Seems low.

I think i'm in a bitter mood....hahahaha.
Is it 90 days for you guys? Its 90 days approval but only 30 days lock-in for the rate. Seriously doubt I will get a car within 30 days *sigh*

I don't even know if I want to cancel cos I reallllllly don't want to get a gasoline car (or even hybrid). And other EVs are just not there yet in terms of range AND charging network both.

Really hope these dates are placeholders and later this week or the next we start seeing some action. Can only rant and hope at this point lmao 😂

Reactions: aguzzi17 and Tezla.
If 4680 ramp goes well they will have to produce something and I doubt they will let our orders sit there till next year if cells are churning out to sell a lower markup vehicle that hits their bottom line. If cells are there u produce higher markup vehicles.
4680 would have to go extremely well, we have allready seen an influx of people putting their cars on hold because the factory was having an opening party, what would happen if they start producing just a couple of LR's with the 4680, people would go nuts. there not at that production level yet to mass produce them.