Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 9/20. It's Model Y Long Range (Blue/Black) - No FSD, 5 Seater with Induction wheels. Original Date was Feb-March and then March-April and then April-May and now June!!!!.

Am i missing something? this is what I see when I login to the account online and mobile app.
Also one thing to keep in mind that they do colors in batches. Might be why we see further delays for some.

MYLR white/white no other options 10/7 order was just pushed back on Tuesday as well. Was 4/28-5/12 now 5/25-6/22 I just added the tow hitch to see if it’ll help, considering switching to a MYP if it’ll get here sooner but not likely? I’m east coast as well. Frustrated, borrowing a car in the meantime.

As of right now still holding at APr 27-May25.
Must add I didn’t play hold games and choose cash from day one. Got txt asking about trade in on March 4th. Wonder if that played the role of pushing me further since I am not doing trade in. A lot of dealers won’t sell you car unless you trade in this days.
There could be something to that. Tesla seems to lowball and get away with it often for various reasons. So even if they’re auctioning the trades they could be making quite a bit off each one. And have cause to bump up people with trades. Dunno. Is there any trend showing on that one way or the other from the limited samples discussed here?

If anyone is interested, you should go and play around with the Survey/Tracker for orders on the main forum. If you look at recent deliveries from Late September -early October order dates ( 9/20-10/11) and exclude FSD and Performance models, you will see that the vast majority of deliveries are all taking place on the west coast. There are a few odd ducks in there like a VA and FL delivery, but vast majority is West Coast.

I don't have enough time to do a trend analysis for East Coaster people like us, but its likely that one of two things are possible:

Order Date is not prioritized, rather geographic location is due to additional transit requirements, and East Coast orders are pushed back whenever Tesla deems necessary. Faster Money intake for Tesla
or...
There is a dedicated window for East Coast orders to all be fulfilled vs West Coast.

Could be a combination of both, but based on the limited voluntary information in that tracker, its the best I can see.
Or does it mean that East coasters are getting the 4680s from GigaTexas and we are just waiting for the factory to pump them out??? Lol, wishful thinking trying to make stats suit my narrative 😅

Reactions: PenPens
For those who have received your VINs, where were you in relation to your EDD and how big was your EDD?

I enter my month long EDD next week Monday and trying to temper my expectations.

I feel like I have an 80% chance of my EDD moving but shrinking, 15% chance the EDD stays 4 weeks and just moves out, 4% chance I get put in "June Jail" and 1% I get a VIN.

Anyone have different odds?

Is F428 a new series or have people got those and what does it mean?
I think that’s a new batch, haven’t seen them that high yet.

HALLELUJAH!!!! Just got a VIN. EDD pushed back yesterday from 4/29-5/13 to 5/22-6/19. It’s now 5/8-5/10. Just hope they don’t take it away, have a Florida trip planned for late May.
VIN dropped in September thread as well so maybe we are finally getting the assembly line cranking, it only took a month.