Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That pushed me to put my order in too. Just hard to believe that an October 2021 order might not deliver until October 2022. I'm contemplating adding FSD to see if I can get back into a Q2 delivery window.
May be think about switching to Performance? i am saying this because i realized little late that adding FSD was 10k more and switching to performance was 5K more with slightly less range ( 20 some miles which is neglectable in my opinion).
just an option.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Apple have a strict in office policy & don't have much East coast presence so doubt. They are also developing they're EV rumors... but imagine buying a Tesla if true. That would be treason especially when Apple is a wall garden & very nationalism.
Saudi Aramco: Doubt for obvious reasons. Geographic & objectives / culture.
Microsoft: The most likely. Have not really pushed people back to office & have East Coast presence. Also not much competition.
Google: 2nd option, am hearing they are starting to push people back to office, but "start" lots of gray areas in between & have Waymo as somewhat competition though they less nationalistic / more open than Apple.
Amazon just crossed off as close.
Tesla, but not Tesla.

Are your dates still holding or did you get pushed?
As of right now still holding at APr 27-May25.
Must add I didn’t play hold games and choose cash from day one. Got txt asking about trade in on March 4th. Wonder if that played the role of pushing me further since I am not doing trade in. A lot of dealers won’t sell you car unless you trade in this days.

Reactions: aguzzi17
Do we really know how Tesla prioritizes orders? My order date was 10/27 and I'm showing 4/28-5/26 right now. White model Y with the upgraded wheels and tow hitch. No FSD.
I have a hunch that existing owners are prioritized in some way. I also feel there is some sort of regional batching that happens as well.

I was expecting it, and it happened this morning. Got pushed today after entering my window yesterday. That said, it could have been a whole lot worse. Previous EDD: 4/20-5/18. New EDD: 5/13-5/27 (my first 2 week window LOL!). OD: 10/9. MYLR. Blue/white. Gemini. No tow, no FSD.
Ditto. I just entered my 4 week window (for the fourth time…) and then got pushed 2 weeks out into a 2 week window. OD Oct 5. Currently EDD May 3-17. I’d be excited but this has happened before, only to get another (and another…) reset/delay.

If anyone is interested, you should go and play around with the Survey/Tracker for orders on the main forum. If you look at recent deliveries from Late September -early October order dates ( 9/20-10/11) and exclude FSD and Performance models, you will see that the vast majority of deliveries are all taking place on the west coast. There are a few odd ducks in there like a VA and FL delivery, but vast majority is West Coast.

I don't have enough time to do a trend analysis for East Coaster people like us, but its likely that one of two things are possible:

Order Date is not prioritized, rather geographic location is due to additional transit requirements, and East Coast orders are pushed back whenever Tesla deems necessary. Faster Money intake for Tesla
or...
There is a dedicated window for East Coast orders to all be fulfilled vs West Coast.

Could be a combination of both, but based on the limited voluntary information in that tracker, its the best I can see.

If anyone is interested, you should go and play around with the Survey/Tracker for orders on the main forum. If you look at recent deliveries from Late September -early October order dates ( 9/20-10/11) and exclude FSD and Performance models, you will see that the vast majority of deliveries are all taking place on the west coast. There are a few odd ducks in there like a VA and FL delivery, but vast majority is West Coast.

I don't have enough time to do a trend analysis for East Coaster people like us, but its likely that one of two things are possible:

Order Date is not prioritized, rather geographic location is due to additional transit requirements, and East Coast orders are pushed back whenever Tesla deems necessary. Faster Money intake for Tesla
or...
There is a dedicated window for East Coast orders to all be fulfilled vs West Coast.

Could be a combination of both, but based on the limited voluntary information in that tracker, its the best I can see.
Good analyzing. Most likely combination of both.

I ordered on 9/20. It's Model Y Long Range (Blue/Black) - No FSD, 5 Seater with Induction wheels. Original Date was Feb-March and then March-April and then April-May and now June!!!!.

Am i missing something? this is what I see when I login to the account online and mobile app.

Attachments

• IMG_4093.jpg
    IMG_4093.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.37.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 12.37.51 PM.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 58