Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
let's hope...just got this from Tesla...not Mt. Kisco

Hi Alan,

We were actually just notified of an error in our system. It looks like the ETA will move forward closer to the beginning of next month. As soon as we have a VIN assigned we can provide more insight and updates on the ETA. At this time, we expect an update to be pushed to your account within the next week or so to reflect a more accurate delivery estimate. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and we appreicate your understanding as we work to resolve this.

Best Regards,
I would love an update.

Reactions: aguzzi17
Reactions: aguzzi17
Pray for me guys lol
6A5F41E6-A49A-46BF-8815-742E25FD6752.png

Reactions: Tezla. and Jones1
Thanks. Keyword there is "try" ...to stay optimistic ;) At least this week was better than last for most folks. Good luck with your delivery. Did they provide you a location for pickup yet? Dedham?
It seems like a lot of east coast folks in both this and the September thread got VINs today. I bet there will be even more in the coming days. I called this afternoon to get my account switched from cash to financing and asked about delivery location. They said I was set for Norwell which is definitely my preference since it’s about half the distance, but if they changed for some reason I really don’t care. I just want the car!

Reactions: lost_sailor
If anyone is interested, you should go and play around with the Survey/Tracker for orders on the main forum. If you look at recent deliveries from Late September -early October order dates ( 9/20-10/11) and exclude FSD and Performance models, you will see that the vast majority of deliveries are all taking place on the west coast. There are a few odd ducks in there like a VA and FL delivery, but vast majority is West Coast.

I don't have enough time to do a trend analysis for East Coaster people like us, but its likely that one of two things are possible:

Order Date is not prioritized, rather geographic location is due to additional transit requirements, and East Coast orders are pushed back whenever Tesla deems necessary. Faster Money intake for Tesla
or...
There is a dedicated window for East Coast orders to all be fulfilled vs West Coast.

Could be a combination of both, but based on the limited voluntary information in that tracker, its the best I can see.
Do you think they are now deprioritizing all of us who ordered the car at a lower price, hoping that we will get frustrated and add an option for change to a different model or give up so that they can sell the car for a higher amount. They are clearly focused on maximizing profit