Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here. Found this site as I was searching for some advice - wish I had looked earlier! What a great support group. I ordered my basic White MYLR with black interior, no other upgrades, back in mid-October and immediately completed my profile. Original EDD was July, but moved around a lot. A week ago I upgraded to MSM with 20" wheels. The next day my EDD changed to a two week mid-May window which turned into a VIN and 4 day mid-May window. Murphy's law - I will be out of town for two weeks mid-May and won't be able to take delivery as currently estimated. Any thoughts on what I should do? Should I hold out until the last minute to see if the EDD shifts to later in the month or by chance delivers early?

My EDD just moved up a week to May 2 - 8! Looks like I will be getting delivery within the next week. Congrats to all who got VINs and hang in there for those who are still waiting. For all those curious, my reservation states "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration".
Oh my god! From July - August to next week? You're giving me hope! Change my Aug - Sept please!!!

First post here. Found this site as I was searching for some advice - wish I had looked earlier! What a great support group. I ordered my basic White MYLR with black interior, no other upgrades, back in mid-October and immediately completed my profile. Original EDD was July, but moved around a lot. A week ago I upgraded to MSM with 20" wheels. The next day my EDD changed to a two week mid-May window which turned into a VIN and 4 day mid-May window. Murphy's law - I will be out of town for two weeks mid-May and won't be able to take delivery as currently estimated. Any thoughts on what I should do? Should I hold out until the last minute to see if the EDD shifts to later in the month or by chance delivers early?
If only 4 days and still a 2 week window. Good chance you will be ok. Is your 4 days early or late in EDD. If early, good chance you will be fine. Maybe give SA heads up to 4 days you can’t take delivery. You usually get a 3 day window to accept. Worst case, you pass on this one and get next one. Wait to see what happens

If only 4 days and still a 2 week window. Good chance you will be ok. Is your 4 days early or late in EDD. If early, good chance you will be fine. Maybe give SA heads up to 4 days you can’t take delivery. You usually get a 3 day window to accept. Worst case, you pass on this one and get next one. Wait to see what happens
Thanks for the advice. The current EDD is 5/14 - 18 and I'm out of town until the 21st. I already let the SA know that it might be an issue. They told me I could have someone else take delivery with power of attorney, but nervous about handing that task off to someone else. I dread the thought of missing this one after this long wait.

Thanks for the advice. The current EDD is 5/14 - 18 and I'm out of town until the 21st. I already let the SA know that it might be an issue. They told me I could have someone else take delivery with power of attorney, but nervous about handing that task off to someone else. I dread the thought of missing this one after this long wait.
I personally would not give power of attorney to anyone besides my wife on this.

Reactions: Corndart
My friend was outside the country when his car got delivered. They delivered the car to his apartment and his friend was able to collect the car for him.

is there anyway we can change the color of the vehicle now as we are having second thoughts on the color.
But why tho? ;-)

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1116.jpeg

EDD pushed back today, but also narrowed. I was one day into my window of 4/28 - 5/13. This morning it’s now May 2 - May 12. I’ll take that, I was expecting the window to move back a full two weeks.
its a 10 day window. really great news. You will recieve VIN shortly. Some people in sept forum had less than 14 day window and received VIN in few days. You can check source code to see if you have VIN there.

• Disagree
Reactions: SeanB-Model3