Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey did you get a email about tesla wanting to cancel your order since it went on hold?
YES i just did. At first I thought it was canceled from quickly reading the subject line.

Code:
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by May 19, 2022.
If your order remains on hold on May 19, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

YES i just did. At first I thought it was canceled from quickly reading the subject line.

Code:
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by May 19, 2022.
If your order remains on hold on May 19, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
Yah stupid it says if I put it on hold again itnwill auto cancel my order. When was your OD?

My inner nerd kicked in so I grabbed the Teslike survey data and plotted the order-delivery date duration for all the 5-seater MYLRs. The durations have been steadily increasing. Last December the median delivery duration was 120days from order. For May 2022 the median duration is currently 212 days. There's some outliers but the bulk of the deliveries are within a fairly small distribution. Sadly my nerdism doesn't extend to figuring out how to post a screen cap of it... 212 days from my October 18th order date would be 5/18/22 so I'll know in about 10-15 days whether I'm normal or an outlier :)

My inner nerd kicked in so I grabbed the Teslike survey data and plotted the order-delivery date duration for all the 5-seater MYLRs. The durations have been steadily increasing. Last December the median delivery duration was 120days from order. For May 2022 the median duration is currently 212 days. There's some outliers but the bulk of the deliveries are within a fairly small distribution. Sadly my nerdism doesn't extend to figuring out how to post a screen cap of it... 212 days from my October 18th order date would be 5/18/22 so I'll know in about 10-15 days whether I'm normal or an outlier :)
Actually, 120 day median was only in early December. By the end of December it had decayed to ~160 days.

Well, I'm at day 215 today. Been trapped in June jail for almost a week. :(

Good Information. Actually we have exactly the same order date (10/18/21) and exactly the same configuration. MYLR5: White/Black/19/Tow/No FSD. My current EDD is 5/23 - 6/8. Today is day 206 so it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm pretty sure delivery won't happen in 6 days but I'd be happy to just get a VIN in the next week or so. My guess is that we'll both be pushed again.

It's either that or knitting.
Already knitted two headrest pillows and a set of doilies for the cupholders. Since my EDD is "September" I'm guessing I'll have time for a roof window sunshade, a set of floormats, and possibly an entire car cover at the rate I'm going...

As for the data - by distribution I was referring to stdev not sample size. A picture is worth a thousand words, sorry I haven't figured out how to post that. The question about those that haven't taken delivery was interesting. Obviously you can't plot "TBD" on a graph. I don't have Spotfire at home but if I have time at the office I could probably add a column that indicates not delivered and calculate their wait time to date and show that and just color their points separately.

All this to say I don't have my car yet, I'm losing hope because of Sept jail, and I have a sneaking suspicion the PPF kit I bought will be applied in my garage when it's 120+deg in there instead of this past March when it would have been pleasant. Sigh. I am playing golf tomorrow, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I'm at 216 days so definitely an outlier.

Attachments

• 4089BC08-62DE-4ACA-BD06-E3CB2101F217.jpeg
    4089BC08-62DE-4ACA-BD06-E3CB2101F217.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 71