Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a pity that New York state doesn't have your insurance to choose from:(
I used to have Erie Insurance, liked the company but my Agent stopped working with them last year so was switched to Nationwide. Costs were very close. No Tesla Insurance in NY yet, but was much cheaper for me. But I am over 50, live outside the City limits and clean driving record. (and if I get into an accident after just saying that, Its your fault. :D )

The newest Y-WING in the Rebel Fleet.
blue3.jpg
blue1.jpg

You guys, she’s home, Everyone meet Pepper!
I told my SA, NOT to detail it and they actually didn’t—there was even a sticky note on the dashboard DO NOT DETAIL! This was the best decision I could have made. You know that feeling when you pull the screen protector off of your new phone?! There’s a whole Big Bang Theory episode about it 😂 Well let me tell you what it was like taking every piece of plastic off the interior and the little bit on the exterior, putting the floor mats in and snapping the Gemini covers on… AMAZING! I just spent 3 hours detailing her myself.
There are no panel gaps but the paint job is another story. Lots of flaws but without repainting the whole car, it’s something I will have to live with. I’m just going to call them “birthmarks” They aren’t super noticeable but if you are detailing it, you can see them.
Delivery went slowly, new, older generation customer ahead of me and they of course had a million questions. But they were the sweetest people and asked us a lot of questions before the DA came out to greet them.
I just wanted to hand over my clipboard and get going! But we waited and learned something we didn’t know. We can use our key cards for our M3 with the MY, so that’s a plus!
All in all I’m happy with the car. Now to call my guy for PPF installation and to get some mud flaps ordered. Nope, even living in Upstate NY, the car didn’t come with them on.
Congratulations. Please let me know if you get any PPF guy and how much are they charging

I used state farm to quote me $1627.26 insurance and $1860 insurance COST, which are $300000 and $ 500000 insurance amount😁
Yeah, I'm paying the similar amount around $1,600ish for 6 months with esurance. Age 25, first time car owner, & in NYC. Never tried State Farm, but Geico quoted my $650 a month, so you still seem to have better rates than Geico with state farm.

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio
Anyone else experiencing a day-to-day delay in their delivery date window?

Ever since my original 4-day window of May 4-8th, my date has been being push out each day for the past 8 days. I called my sales advisor and he confirmed my car has been on site for over a week but it is missing its charging port connector. They said they are shipping Model Y's without charging ports due to supply shortage so they are waiting for the parts to get shipped to the local service centers for installation. He said that it could be this week but could be 30-60 days from now.

• Informative
Reactions: Silence88
I've been pushed all the way to September through October. Went from a 32 day window to a nearly 60 day window, and would be almost a full year since I ordered. Heck, would be more than a year if it ended up being at the end of that window...

Both the SA I've been working with & the General Manager at my store/delivery center are keeping an eye out for any matching VIN that might show up...

New EDD window today - now in a June/July range (11 June-16 July), and not all the way in September/October. Much better.

Reactions: Tezla. and MizzleD
Same (feel your pain), worse, first time driver so even more insane got $650 a month with Geico even when I'm 25+ now. NYC insurance is insane, got $1,800 quote a month when I got my license at 18, prohibited me from owning a car. More expensive than the car itself and even enough to pay my rent. So I waited to be no longer "young adult" still now 25+ rates are unreasonable. Still a car was out of reach / prohibited by insurance rates until a friend told me to check out esurance backed by allstate. I got 250ish a month now, so then I ordered a Tesla back in October, but after the 8K price hike which could have also helped with my insurance rates if I paid 8K less lol. So check out esurance.

Hi everyone,What company's insurance do you buy? My insurance is very expensive. It's more than 2700 US dollars for half a year:eek:GEICO
Try StateFarm. $820 for 6 month, 250/500/100 coverage.

SF Bay Area

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio