Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of insurance…Increasing your deductible helps to decrease your premium😉
My deductibles are $1000 for collision
& $500 for comprehensive.
Asking the insurance agent how much increasing your deductible can lower your premium to help you make an informed decision (and make sure you’re comparing apples to apples) 🤑

Reactions: Winning Guy
I live in New York City. It may be more expensive .
It suddenly occurred to me whether your insurance submitted the information in app before collecting the car or the day you got the car?
thank you
Before. Just make sure your policy start date is with the delivery date and make sure your delivery date is air tight, no gap for unforseen delays where your insurance starts, but your delivery date delayed.

• Love
Reactions: Nora DiCaprio
I live in New York City. It may be more expensive .
It suddenly occurred to me whether your insurance submitted the information in app before collecting the car or the day you got the car?
thank you
You can submit the vehicle information to the insurance company before collecting the car and tell them the effective date will be the date you picking up the car.

In California, as long as we have insurance on our current vehicle, we can drive the new vehicle for 30 days(IIRC).

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio
RN1158… October order date, EDD July-Aug. Sounds like squeaky wheels are getting some attention from Tesla. I’m good with my delivery date, actually in the fence on whether I will keep the reservation. I bought my MS when it was almost at its lowest price, right at the beginning of the pandemic. Now there was a refresh a few months after but no complaints. How long before MY will go back down to pre-pandemic price…will it ever?

• Disagree
Reactions: PeteOC
I don't think there is a rhyme or reason to these deliveries.

I ordered 10/27. My dad 11/8.
Both cars are white.
My car has the upgraded rims and a tow hitch. He had the normal wheels.
He got his car last week.
I just got my window narrowed to 2 weeks.
Both of us are cash buyers.
And some people ordered a month before that and are still waiting. Interestingly some other people ordered two months AFTER you and are getting VINs. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Tezla. and PeteOC
Well folks, meet the "Roci", my very own spaceship from the future 😄. Pickup was pretty smooth for the most part. The Tesla associate helping me had to pick her jaw off the floor when she saw my order date of April, 2021 and the price I'd locked in. She was super excited about it and the fact that this was by far the oldest order she's made a delivery on 😄.

Car is pretty great and we're really enjoying it. Blew my kids' minds with the surprise reveal when we picked them up at school in this car!

I still don't think the fit and finish from Tesla is top notch but I'm also not someone to obsess over things and historically, my cars have very rarely been in car washes. Some of my minor complaints/observations were:
  • A few minor scratches in paint. They tried to buff it out quickly but it didn't help much
  • A couple of small "lumps" in paint at some parts of the vehicle
  • Probably my biggest annoyance with Teslas... The alignment issues and large gaps around the taillights are still a problem for Tesla. I was initially a bit meh about my car till I looked at the MYs around me and realized I had one of the "good" ones
  • My frunk hood is slightly skewed to the right. Very minor but still there if you look for it. Fortunately it is flush with the front bumper which is the issue that tends to look worse and more noticable on some cars.
Just pointing these out because it was on my mind and something I noticed. But none of it detracts from enjoying the car and we're really enjoying it so far.

Hope everyone else gets their cars soon as well! Now I gotta go obsess over all the accessories I didn't buy ahead of time but now realize I need 😄

Attachments

• 20220516_153222.jpg
    20220516_153222.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 20220516_153235.jpg
    20220516_153235.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220516_194932.jpg
    20220516_194932.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220516_194948.jpg
    20220516_194948.jpg