Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My edd changed to a 6 day window from may 24-30 from a 4 day window jun 1-4. I have a vin but still no set date for pick up. I hope that this is a good thing and Tesla isnt playing games again.
Similar change happened in my case today. EDD window changed from 5 days to 7 days although starting bit earlier. Before: 6/2-6/4 after: 5/30-6/5. Have VIN but not scheduled delivery date.

Haha! Very true. Yes! ON, Canada. Forgot this is the October order thread. Looks like our VINs are pretty recent. Not cancelled orders
Just curious, what are the last two digits of your RN#? Mine are -44, and I was wondering if there was a correlation between the reservation number, and the our batch number F“44”9. If there’s a connection, that’d be one data point for tracking.

Just curious, what are the last two digits of your RN#? Mine are -44, and I was wondering if there was a correlation between the reservation number, and the our batch number F“44”9. If there’s a connection, that’d be one data point for tracking.
My 7-seater RN ended in 00 and VIN is 433. Probably just a coincidence for you!

Reactions: PeteOC
Just got a text from the delivery team asking about a “tentative” pick up date on May 28th. Is the “tentative” thrown in there as it car has to pass inspection or is it likely mine is missing the charging port and will be delayed even more? Also I thought they normally provided several pick up options instead of just one?

I don’t know; just be patient. Some people ordered before you and their EDD doesn’t start for another 97 days. What’s the difference? This is life. *shrug*
i'm assuming you are referring to your situation, to which i'm sorry that you're still a ways out. it sucks to have to it pushed back so frequently.
i have been patient, for 7 months, but since i've gotten a VIN and been told to complete delivery tasks, i feel the situation has changed. Tesla has my money and hasn't delivered the car yet and currently have no realistic timeline to deliver it. i've also gotten a loan approval and trade in situation where the value of those things can change or have an impact on my situation as time goes by. my downpayment was sitting in my savings account accruing interest. now it's not so i'm actually spending more money by not having the money in my account.
but all of this rage and frustration stems from the wall of silence i've gotten for a month. if they could say "the parts are en route and will be installed next week", i'd stop being upset, unless they're lying or that window passes without an update. instead they refuse to provide any information, which is ridiculous for a company like this. my SO's Bolt was recalled and the dealership was transparent and kept to the dates they provided. i'm done hearing about supply chain issues since they're delivering cars still. i'm done with excuses. if a building contractor is not building for a month but still taking payment, they'd lose their license and end up in court.
so again, i'm sorry that you've got many more weeks ahead of you and hope that it comes faster. but that doesn't change my situation.

It’s -51. Seems people with tow are a bit delayed in getting their MY. I have no idea how Tesla is organizing all their orders. There must be so many lol

Reactions: PeteOC
i'm assuming you are referring to your situation, to which i'm sorry that you're still a ways out. it sucks to have to it pushed back so frequently.
i have been patient, for 7 months, but since i've gotten a VIN and been told to complete delivery tasks, i feel the situation has changed. Tesla has my money and hasn't delivered the car yet and currently have no realistic timeline to deliver it. i've also gotten a loan approval and trade in situation where the value of those things can change or have an impact on my situation as time goes by. my downpayment was sitting in my savings account accruing interest. now it's not so i'm actually spending more money by not having the money in my account.
but all of this rage and frustration stems from the wall of silence i've gotten for a month. if they could say "the parts are en route and will be installed next week", i'd stop being upset, unless they're lying or that window passes without an update. instead they refuse to provide any information, which is ridiculous for a company like this. my SO's Bolt was recalled and the dealership was transparent and kept to the dates they provided. i'm done hearing about supply chain issues since they're delivering cars still. i'm done with excuses. if a building contractor is not building for a month but still taking payment, they'd lose their license and end up in court.
so again, i'm sorry that you've got many more weeks ahead of you and hope that it comes faster. but that doesn't change my situation.
Let me give another perspective that im not sure will make you feel better or worse but atleast you will know there are similar situations. We feel your frustration but the car will come eventually. I have a vin and my edd changed to a 6 day window today without a delivery date. I emailed and visited a store since it was at a mall anyways. I asked why i havent gotten a set delivery date yet. The mall SA searched his computer for a bit and said that it should be coming and that by wednesday if i dont get a text then text them. The email response said that my car is scheduled to be shipped to Toronto and it should arrive in 2 weeks. So why did my edd changed earlier to may 24-30. I dont know what is worse a wall of silence or misinformation. Anyways, stay patient as i not sure what the alternative is.

Reactions: cons220
Congrats to everyone who has gotten a VIN and picked up their vehicles. Hoping that those waiting on delivery get it soon as well as those like me waiting on VINs still.

My last two EDD changes was on April 28 to May 27 - June 24 and then June 9 it got moved to June 13 - July 18. So that is my current EDD…
I am thinking that my location and 7 seater option is what is pushing my date out….or I could be wrong. 🤣😂

Reactions: Tezla.