Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD narrowed to two weeks. July 23 to Aug 6.

It is my fourth two week window. (I think)

I have the same EDD and config except 20” wheels. This is my 2nd 2 week window. Let’s hope they make a batch of 7 seaters to get us the cars otherwise there will be one more push. Fremont should have some relief as the LR being made at Austin.

just received VIN...looks like from Austin...
"Hi Kyle, Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model Y and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery."
VIN 7SAYGDEE4NA005074
Congrats. Good to see that Texas is now shipping cars out of state. I think there were some MY AWD ones available in Florida last month but hadn't heard of a MYLR going out of Texas until your report.

Hi guys.. some updates..

I spoke to SA at Smithtown, NY
She mentioned Austin started delivery of MY but its not coming to East Coast yet, Fremont is still delivering cars on East Coast

Austin MY LR are not coming with 4680 but most of them are with 2170 battery pack
Austin is also adding a detachable magnetic flap in the rear trunk, thats the only difference.. build quality is almost comparable if not better at Austin..
I would take it with a grain of salt..

anyways.. as per the news.. June was biggest month in terms of production for Tesla 140k plus cars .. and July should be the same... they are producing close to 4000 cars per day.. mostly MY

So, I'm assuming all of us are going to get our cars :p

Anyone from NY, do you guys know how long it takes the delivery from factory to NY.
I got a text, saying my car left the factory and is on route to delivery center..

One more outstanding order and hopefully my experience makes others waiting feel a bit better.

OD 10/29/2021. MYLR white/white and tow, 19” no FSD. I posted sometime ago about my horrid delivery experience. Scheduled to pick up on June 4 and made full payment (partially financed through DCU) prior to delivery. Got a call from SC that the car was damaged on June 3 and had to reject it. I had all kinds of promises from the SA about matching the next available VIN and even let go of tow and white seat to make the match easier. My EDD had since went from mid June -> Sep-Oct -> July 12-26 -> July 19-Aug 16. I was hoping (and promised by SA) that things will start moving the right direction after their EOQ rush. But it actually got worse. My two week window in July got pushed out to a four week window two days ago.

With no response from Tesla on when a VIN can be assigned, I will be filing a complaint with the consumer protection agency soon. It may not change anything but I cannot remain silent when Tesla continues to hold my full payment (for more than a month now) without delivering a car. It’s not like they are not delivering the same configuration to other customers. It’s one more sale they can book without deducting one car from inventory.

I would also appreciate advice on the loan. It is still open under the rejected VIN as we were told by the SA to do so in order to swap the VIN once it rematches. Now my payment will start soon and DCU requires title to be received by them before late August. I serious double we will be able to meet that deadline. Should I cancel this loan now and ask Tesla to return the payment to DCU?
So…after repeated phone calls and text messages with Tesla over the last month, the fourth SA I spoke to was a very nice lady who offered to have a manager call me back. I was suspicious whether it’s just another empty promise so pleasantly surprised when I actually got a call from Tesla. The manager was very helpful as he is able to see nearby inventories and went over a couple currently available VINs with me albeit not an exact match to our config. We ended up switching our white exterior to blue and giving up on white seats. I actually contemplated changing to blue and was on the fence for white seat so it’s not a big deal. At this point having a car delivered and not default on my loan outweighs the slight preference I have for the original config. The good news is that it’s an Austin build and should be ready for pick up within a week. Now I crossing all fingers and toes and trying not to get my hope high after the first delivery experience. Like someone else said, it’s never over until it is.

Hi guys.. some updates..

She mentioned Austin started delivery of MY but its not coming to East Coast yet, Fremont is still delivering cars on East Coast

Austin MY LR are not coming with 4680 but most of them are with 2170 battery pack
Austin is also adding a detachable magnetic flap in the rear trunk, thats the only difference.. build quality is almost comparable if not better at Austin..

anyways.. as per the news.. June was biggest month in terms of production for Tesla 140k plus cars .. and July should be the same... they are producing close to 4000 cars per day.. mostly MY

Anyone from NY, do you guys know how long it takes the delivery from factory to NY.
I got a text, saying my car left the factory and is on route to delivery center..
My VIN was assigned on May 1, 2022 and I took delivery on May 15, 2022 at Mt Kisco location. So you are looking at about 2 weeks 😊

So…after repeated phone calls and text messages with Tesla over the last month, the fourth SA I spoke to was a very nice lady who offered to have a manager call me back. I was suspicious whether it’s just another empty promise so pleasantly surprised when I actually got a call from Tesla. The manager was very helpful as he is able to see nearby inventories and went over a couple currently available VINs with me albeit not an exact match to our config. We ended up switching our white exterior to blue and giving up on white seats. I actually contemplated changing to blue and was on the fence for white seat so it’s not a big deal. At this point having a car delivered and not default on my loan outweighs the slight preference I have for the original config. The good news is that it’s an Austin build and should be ready for pick up within a week. Now I crossing all fingers and toes and trying not to get my hope high after the first delivery experience. Like someone else said, it’s never over until it is.
Glad it worked out for you. Congrats!

Reactions: Ageha
Hi guys.. some updates..

My VIN was assigned 5/28 and picked up by LR 6/8 so about 2 weeks. Congratulations!
I enjoy my Y very much, lots of smiles per mile. The staff at Mt Kisco made the process easy. If possible get there ahead of time, they were very busy when I went last month.