Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus go price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not bad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421_024152_Octopus.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421_024152_Octopus.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 94
It’s variable, though, don’t forget.
Both fixed for a year, I thought?

Intelligent Octopus would be my preferred option, but random charging cycles would empty the house battery. Although I suppose I could just inhibit the PodPoint charger from anything other than overnight charging, which kind of defeats the point.

Having been switched from Bulb to Octopus - even not by choice, must say I'm a happy customer again now. Bulb by comparison, who at the point of their collapse still hadn't been able to display accurate usage data and costs in their own app.

To get a chirpy little email saying they had dropped our pricing immediately after moving over was nice.

Looking into intelligent octopus now - still can't work out if a condition of getting onto it is that you use their charging kit though (have a Hypervolt at the home and don't want to stop using the Hypervolt app because it works flawlessly)...

My cheap Go (5p/14p) ended in January and I've been on 12.5p/39p since, so the new reduction is welcome! Got a Model 3 RWD on order and will be moving to Intelligent as soon as my OHME chargepoint is installed. Been using a granny charger with my Nissan LEAF for the past 3 years so can't wait!

Having been switched from Bulb to Octopus - even not by choice, must say I'm a happy customer again now. Bulb by comparison, who at the point of their collapse still hadn't been able to display accurate usage data and costs in their own app.

To get a chirpy little email saying they had dropped our pricing immediately after moving over was nice.

Looking into intelligent octopus now - still can't work out if a condition of getting onto it is that you use their charging kit though (have a Hypervolt at the home and don't want to stop using the Hypervolt app because it works flawlessly)...
you need compatible vehicle (tesla) and more or less any charger.

I'm assuming the variable element is in relation to new contracts as my Go is still 7.5p/kWh until July?
It will only apply to new contracts or those on a variable rate.
If you’re on a fixed rate then it obviously won’t affect you until your fixed period ends.
Mine ends in July as well, hopefully things will be a bit more sane then…

Reactions: 94jdh