Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go sign up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the moment, with the whole market in turmoil, people's providers going bust, Octopus taking on extra customers... I think they're actively trying to dissuade you moving to them. So if you try, they'll pop up a warning, and then another and basically say call us (0808 169 3274).

So while there may be a "secret" link that lets you sign up, it seems the way they want you to is to call them.

Good luck.

Reactions: Chemist
I've been through this same process recently. 8 days for a response from hello@ email address, saying to use the online web form. So the only way is to call, or try Twitter DM. Oddly on the call they didn't seem fussed at all about customer circumstance, more just wanted recordings of explicit customer confirmation to take the action. Like they've decided to take on lots of fixed-rates deals even if that's bad for the customers panicking ahead of the price rate cap hike.

If moving electricity-only the intermediate tariff is quite pricey (42.7 p/kWh for me, 10 month fixed) but hopefully won't take long to enable Octopus Go and was advised to call them on the day of new provider start. There's also an account dashboard web link to achieve this. Around 17 days to switch.

Referral can be applied after sign-up in their online account, and wasn't asked about this on call (or even if I had an EV, but the 10,000 kWh/year consumption they did ask for might have been sufficient hint). I was hoping for a secret link, but none was forthcoming. Email support advised that it has to be done by phone to confirm their “terms and conditions”, even though I gave all the information they needed in the original email.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chemist
Oh dear, Octopus Go tariffs have now gone up before my switch has completed to be barely competitive against Shell:

Unit rate (04:30 - 00:30): 35.11 p/kWh (was 30.83)
Unit rate (00:30 - 04:30): 7.50 p/kWh
Standing Charge: 37.65 p/day (was 24.01)

Should still work cheaper in long term by fixing through the anticipated October 25% price hikes.

No idea about these though:
Octopus Go Faster (4H from 0130) March 2022 v1 35.11 p/kWh + 37.65 p/day
Octopus Go Faster (4H from 0230) March 2022 v1 35.11 p/kWh + 37.65 p/day
(similar to Go Faster (5H from 0130) March 2022 v1 & Octopus Go March 2022 v1)

Is energy really that pricey between 03:30–05:30?

Last edited:
Thank god I switched to intelligent octopus a few days ago. These are my go rates as of today.
76CD7B6D-5CB7-434A-89DD-C9D19935E832.jpeg