Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ODB port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked my car and it has something which looks like a proprietary 5-pin port in the approximate location where the OBDII port is usually located .
20180205_172040.jpg
20180205_172138.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: jamnmon66
I thought Tesla’s (at least S and X) had OBD ports. They just don’t function and provide same data as ICE car OBD ports. But I thought it did have one that would provide some data. Or at least power. And then not sure what the 3 has or not. Or does or not.

I thought Tesla’s (at least S and X) had OBD ports. They just don’t function and provide same data as ICE car OBD ports. But I thought it did have one that would provide some data. Or at least power. And then not sure what the 3 has or not. Or does or not.
Yes, the S and X do have one. The 3 does not. The post above yours shows the port I was talking about.

Reactions: srredbeard
Fleetcarma have engineered a wiring harness adapter that adds a standard OBD II Port to the Model 3. They did this to support their fleet tracking devices.

The harness adapter is installed behind an access panel at the rear of the center console near the floor between the front seats. Tesla have a wiring harness connector back there which the Fleetcarma harness is installed between the two connectors thereby adding an OBDII port.

• Informative
Reactions: ZappCatt and alexGS