Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OEM premium ambient lights to my 2014 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded my interior, and door panels I had bought came with ambient lights already in place.

Wiring was in already in car, connectors were taped inside doors. Simple job to connect these, then enable them from car config.
Connector is not the one I'm holding in the picture, but the one thats taped with blue tape, close to door.

I quite like them.

ambients1.JPG ambients2.JPG ambients3.jpg ambients4.jpg

Damn I got a 2014 too. But that was that plug n play or did you tap the wire or something. Curious about this cause I wanna put glow lights on my doors and wanna see if there’s a easy place to tap power. Also wanna know if there something in the back to tap power. Would like to do the seatbacks and the USB’s are occupied already

I upgraded my interior, and door panels I had bought came with ambient lights already in place.

Wiring was in already in car, connectors were taped inside doors. Simple job to connect these, then enable them from car config.
Connector is not the one I'm holding in the picture, but the one thats taped with blue tape, close to door.

I quite like them.

View attachment 609866 View attachment 609867 View attachment 609868 View attachment 609869
I added the ambient lights to my 2014 but I haven’t been able to enable them, I had a ticket open with tesla since October and yesterday they told me that they won’t enable the lights for me.