Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off tacc issue today ap2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all has been great with tacc. Occasional "unavailable" issue which self resolves for me in 1 minute. Usually when I get in car.

Anyway. On a trip this am - twice when stopped at red light with car in front of me, when traffic moved I wouldn't move. Was image of foot and accelerator with message on main dash saying "hit accelerator to resume cruise control". Car wouldn't move on it's own. Was annoying.

Anyone else experience this? Happend 2/10 times today at a red light. Never before.

Only other oddity is that when I initially got in car and opened car door I did hear the alert noise but was no notification.

Sounds more or less normal to me, based on APv1 and HW1. From the manual, October 2016 edition:

When following a vehicle, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control remains active at low speeds, even if Model S comes to a standstill while following a vehicle. When traffic is moving again, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control resumes operating at your currently set speed. However, if an or object is detected in front of Model S, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control goes into a HOLD state and the instrument panel displays a message indicating that you need to resume cruise control.

I'm not exactly sure what "if an or object is detected" means. Anyway it sounds like TACC detected something it didn't like. Maybe whatever it detected was spurious, but from there the behavior sounds correct for "HOLD state".

Must... resist... commenting on using TACC on a road with traffic lights....

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
Sounds more or less normal to me, based on APv1 and HW1. From the manual, October 2016 edition:

When following a vehicle, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control remains active at low speeds, even if Model S comes to a standstill while following a vehicle. When traffic is moving again, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control resumes operating at your currently set speed. However, if an or object is detected in front of Model S, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control goes into a HOLD state and the instrument panel displays a message indicating that you need to resume cruise control.

I'm not exactly sure what "if an or object is detected" means. Anyway it sounds like TACC detected something it didn't like. Maybe whatever it detected was spurious, but from there the behavior sounds correct for "HOLD state".

Must... resist... commenting on using TACC on a road with traffic lights....

Interesting. Thanks. Maybe some dirt on sensor

I've been getting Driver Assistance Unavailable messages with increasing frequency over the past week. Last night updated to 17.5.28 and was excited to try TACC and Steering with fewer restrictions. NOPE! Continuous TACC Not AVailable. REbooted three different times. Nada.

It's rainy and cold, maybe that's related? Since its Super Bowl Sunday I'm not calling customer service today but will tomorrow. Frustrating.

That "hit accelerator to resume cruise control" is part of the update that came through last week, I believe. It seems like I read it somewhere. I have also noticed what seems to be a degredation of the autosteer function in the last week or so, along with the TACC seeming to detect and brake later than it used to.

I've been getting Driver Assistance Unavailable messages with increasing frequency over the past week. Last night updated to 17.5.28 and was excited to try TACC and Steering with fewer restrictions. NOPE! Continuous TACC Not AVailable. REbooted three different times. Nada.

It's rainy and cold, maybe that's related? Since its Super Bowl Sunday I'm not calling customer service today but will tomorrow. Frustrating.

Not sure if this still applies, but with HW1 in that situation I'd try a two minute power cycle. Park, then Controls > Power Off and sit quietly for two full minutes without touching the doors, controls, or pedals.

However even if that helps temporarily you may have to visit a service center for a permanent fix. See Driver Assistance Feature Unavailable for discussion.

Not sure if this still applies, but with HW1 in that situation I'd try a two minute power cycle. Park, then Controls > Power Off and sit quietly for two full minutes without touching the doors, controls, or pedals.

However even if that helps temporarily you may have to visit a service center for a permanent fix. See Driver Assistance Feature Unavailable for discussion.
Thanks, I just did the power off for 2+ minutes then power back on. Will try tomorrow morning and see if this fixed my problem.

Three cycles of 2+ minutes "power off" does not fix it, I still get "unavailable" messages, tried it on local streets, divided freeways (I5). It has been rainy but today is normal weather.

I called Tesla service (option #2 as suggested above) and gave me details to a nice service rep. She said since the recent updates they have been flooded with calls about this issue, said she would download my logs and call me back but not to expect her to be able to have an answer until late this afternoon at the soonest.

all has been great with tacc. Occasional "unavailable" issue which self resolves for me in 1 minute. Usually when I get in car.

Anyway. On a trip this am - twice when stopped at red light with car in front of me, when traffic moved I wouldn't move. Was image of foot and accelerator with message on main dash saying "hit accelerator to resume cruise control". Car wouldn't move on it's own. Was annoying.

Anyone else experience this? Happend 2/10 times today at a red light. Never before.

Only other oddity is that when I initially got in car and opened car door I did hear the alert noise but was no notification.

I had the above happen once, but only once. The rest of the time TACC has flawlessly started the car moving when traffic ahead of me starts moving. I don't remember anything especially different that was going on the one time it happened. Something must have triggered it.