Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this thread as there is less noise and much more interesting substance. Here is another video that discusses FACTS like Teslas are 11X less likely to have a fire than other vehicles. I find this man very entertaining and knowledgeable. Fossil fuel addicts are having a tough time letting go trying all kinds of underhanded propaganda which eventually will sink their industry and associated products more quickly. Life is great for those willing to be honest and open minded and accepting the coming paradigm shift. Watching the circus has become very entertaining lately. The fires and smoke and Climate disruption is not funny. I would hope those in power would consider their actions with more scrutiny as their life and their progeny depend on it.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Yes, I used it 2 times yesterday. It’s a no-brainer to have it installed. I can now safely throw away my Chademo adapter (3 or 4 times used).

Nico and @Lycanthrope

Do you guys find the CCS adapter very tricky to detach from the charging cable or is it just me who haven't a strong enough grip?

I donated my old Chademo to a Tesla friend who could use it.

• Helpful
Nico and @Lycanthrope

Do you guys find the CCS adapter very tricky to detach from the charging cable or is it just me who haven't a strong enough grip?

I donated my old Chademo to a Tesla friend who could use it.

I found out that for me it’s best to first put the adapter in the Tesla charge port, and then connect the ccs connector. For disconnecting, I just pull the combo out of the charge port, and then pull the adapter from the CCS cable. It is a tight fit though, the first time I thought I was going to break something.

I found out that for me it’s best to first put the adapter in the Tesla charge port, and then connect the ccs connector. For disconnecting, I just pull the combo out of the charge port, and then pull the adapter from the CCS cable. It is a tight fit though, the first time I thought I was going to break something.
@Christine69420 I use the same procedure as @NicoV .
To detach the adapter from the CCS-charger I wiggle the adapter a bit while pulling, that makes it easier to detach.
My apologies to everybody for this OT-post; just trying to lend a short helping hand to a lady.

Hydrogen you say? Fossil fuel companies want it and lobbyists are getting politicians to support this loser with the infrastructure bill.
Simple thermodynamics show its no better than using coal or natural gas. Of course this keeps ICE cars and fossil fuel pipe lines running.
When is the climate crisis going to be taken seriously? The self destruction is becoming obvious.
The article below is pretty good. In addition H2 is leaky, explosive and costly to maintain containment. Going directly to electrons to motors bypasses these wasteful steps actually doing something to limit Climate disruption .

I'm afraid this recent comment confirms a former member here has truly gone off the deep end.

Just think, if he hadn't sold his TSLA shares at $200 (pre-split) in Fall 2019, he'd have enough money now to buy 400 ID.4s

Then he'd never need to charge one, or take one in for service, or even empty the ash tray

Dunning-Kruger effect meats confirmation bias with that one... :p

Luser!

Sicily reported its hottest day ever today at 48.8°C (119.8°F). Oh, wait, that's the highest temperature ever recorded in all of Europe:

So much for a "Mediterranean Climate". :(

Sicily reported its hottest day ever today at 48.8°C (119.8°F). Oh, wait, that's the highest temperature ever recorded in all of Europe:

So much for a "Mediterranean Climate". :(

The heat in CA and Oregon are crazy hot, Redding to 112. No snow on mountains,water wells going dry, agriculture is becoming impossible. More lightening strikes starting wildfires. Smoke is even going to the Arctic. Insane that fossil fuel nuts still try to get their agendas passed.
Elon's right. We have to move fast or the human sapiens will go the way of the dodo bird.

The heat in CA and Oregon are crazy hot, Redding to 112. No snow on mountains,water wells going dry, agriculture is becoming impossible. More lightening strikes starting wildfires. Smoke is even going to the Arctic. Insane that fossil fuel nuts still try to get their agendas passed.
Elon's right. We have to move fast or the human sapiens will go the way of the dodo bird.

I like to re-read this timeline every once in awhile: Global Warming Timeline

What Elon Musk says about us running the dumbest experiment ever is accurate. This could have all been averted a century ago. It's now about how much of and in what state is society left rather than if, IMO. We've known about the problem far too long to not avert it.

This could have all been averted a century ago.

This could still have been averted in 1978. Instead, Exxon executives heard from their corporate scientists that climate change would not exceed the background noise of normal climate variability until the 2000s. So they deliberately chose to lie to the public, and shareholders, about the risks.

In 2016 (Obama Admin), the SEC announced this investigation:

In 2018 (Trump Admin), the SEC announced that it would not prosecute Exxon over climate risks:

And now its 2021, and Biden is asking OPEC to keep the price of gas low in the USA, during the same week that the IPCC issues a climate 'red alert' <expletive deleted>. FMW. We're out of time.

SMDH. It didn't have to be like this, and the people responsible still walk the earth, and will never see a day in court, or pay for their actions. Dispicable.

Steven does a pretty good psychological analysis of short sellers in an entertaining video. My take is that many short sellers have fossil fuel vested interests and need to be dishonest about Tesla. I wonder what is the % of shorts that actually believe their own BS vs. actual liars who depend on their paychecks.

• Informative
Agree. But truth be told, my father did the same to me at that age. 1970 American Motors Ambassador was the first car I ever steered back in 1973.

1968 Volvo 144 (i blått) :D

500px-Volvo144dl.JPG

We had three great Volvo sedans over the years, a PV544, the 144, and a 264. All wonderful safe cars, first time we had a vehicle with disc brakes and radial tires. No more flats!

Good days. :D

Last edited:
The problem arose when i told her i would retire soon on $TSLA...and she said like 'how soon?' and i said that statement only applied to me :oops:
Reminds me about the story of the guy who came home all excited and shouts " Honey! Pack your bags! I won the lottery!"
She excitedly asks " "That's great! Should I pack for the mountains or the beach?"
He says, "I don't care, just get out!"

This just in. Some people there refusing to leave possibly due to their political bias. Fire started by a CATALYTIC converter throwing off sparks. It appears it sparked fires in several areas. Possibly some anti vac people who think Climate Change is a conspiracy. I guess it is what it is.
1) Where is “there” that these people refuse to leave?
Did you mean to post a link?
2) whydo you say “possibly due to political bias? You got a lot of bias with “possibilities” it seems.
3) How does a catalytic converter throw off sparks? Low riding car hitting rocks?

2) whydo you say “possibly due to political bias? You got a lot of bias with “possibilities” it seems.
3) How does a catalytic converter throw off sparks? Low riding car hitting rocks?
[/Q
[/QUOTE

Simply click on the photo which links to the info you requested.

Really weird. there was nothing there before.
I even reloaded the page.
Hope it gets under control quickly

Hiowever I see nothing to support your political bias nor did you say how a catalytic converter can throw sparks.
Catalytic converters can get very hot especially if the engine is running poorly and if you park on top of tall dry grass or leaves they can start a fire but no throwing of sparks that I know of.

Last edited: