Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd expect it'd be the RDNA2 GPU (MCU3 has a discrete Navi23 GPU per Ingineerix) that'd be the bottleneck... same GPU parts that go into making the RX6000 series GPUs, and the SOCs on the PS5 and current Xbox, all of which supply can not keep up with demand on currently.

That said- I expect the catalyst for Tesla getting their ducks in a row for widespread upgrade offerings there would be when (if) they launch the theoretical app store where folks can buy current AAA games and whatnot that'll require the newer MCU.

Speaking of that--- anybody know what the onboard storage is for the MCU3 unit? If they're serious about doing AAA gaming it'd need to be MUCH larger than what MCU2 offers...unless they're planning to do a "bring your own SSD via USBC" thing--- but if they put a legit large storage device on MCU3 it'd be a large clue where they're going with it.
Rdna2 did not make it into mcu3 for 3 and Y. That remains to be model S/X exclusive. So the inboard graphics will be from the Ryzen APU which is still 3x faster than atom.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Not sure if this was common knowledge or not, but there is good reason to believe that Factcheking (@truth_tesla on Twitter) is also u/__TSLA__ on Reddit. If true, you can get some of his longer form writings and arguments there that are missing from Twitter.

While I had long suspected as much, these posts on Twitter and Reddit pretty much confirmed that it's him (posts made within 10 minutes).

Last edited:
There are so many CEOs, COOs, CIO, CFOs…”CxOs” riddling my various alumni directories, magazines, newsletters and so forth that long, long ago I changed my profiles in all of them to read Chief Toilet Scrubber of {my holding company}. And when one of them challenged me as to whether I was serious or not I came down on him like an 8-ton Gigapress and told him in zero uncertain terms just how serious I was.
So... only one one-thousandth as serious as a Tesla Texas Cybertruck Gigapress? (Those are 8,000 ton)
;-)
(Which are more of a sideways action... multi ton stamping press?)

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I have some contributions to Tesla today:

Beginning install of Solar Roof. The existing panels were Solar City, installed before we got our Roadster in 2009. Crew foreman is a woman!

IMG_0913.jpg

And the Grandkids get a toy too... just need to get it to Australia somehow.

IMG_0914.jpg

What's happening with the old panels?
I literally couldn't give them away. No electrician/installer is interested in putting in old panels when they can do a package deal that is cheaper. Apparently they are also particularly fragile. I feel guilty just junking them but am happy if the install crew can find a home other than the dumpster.

Beginning install of Solar Roof. The existing panels were Solar City, installed before we got our Roadster in 2009. Crew foreman is a woman!

View attachment 751449

View attachment 751450

that’s awesome. congrats!
i’m interested in roof/panels, but i’ve yet to find good pictures of finished product for new england colonial style homes. here and there i find pics of solar roof but i’m having a really hard time finding examples that are similar to the style home im in. if anyone could point me to a site/source i’d be very thankful! google, pinterest, houzz, instagram etc etc. haven’t found a whole lot yet.

View attachment 751449

View attachment 751450

As of today the installation is finished. It was supposed to take 4 days but actually took 10 (working days, including a Saturday). They blamed most of the delay on missing parts. It was too dim to take a final photo, will do so on the first sunny day. A couple of teething problems with the controller and Powerwalls, still being worked on.