Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The intraday high during the main session today was 175.05 and we touched 179.14 in the pre-Market 2 mins after the CPI data came out (b4 shortzes got their boots on):

Pre-Market High$179.14 (08:32:04 AM)

View attachment 884687

So hedgies dropped the SP about 11.9% from the high to the low (before covering into the Close), all the while avoiding triggering the uptick rule.

Nobody said they're not good at what they do, it's just that what they do is evel.
Sure, my point was that the alternate uptick rule kicks in at a 10% drop from the previous day's close, not anything pre market. You called out the correct trigger of 151.03, but stated they got it to 1% of that point when it was still 3% away at the lowest point.

There have much closer days.

Depends who the naysayers are. When they're Apollo astronauts, he cares.
Never did hear any contrition from Armstrong et al when SpaceX did successfully land a rocket, then 2 rockets at once, then reused those rockets numerous times, and has now done it ~150 times!

Did any one of them publicly apologize to Elon? It was well deserved...

Last edited:
Never did hear any contrition from Armstrong et al when SpaceX did successfully land a rocket, then 2 rockets at once, then reused those rockets numerous times, and has now done it ~150 times!

Did anyone of them publicly apologize to Elon? It was well deserved...

Given Armstrong was dead several years by the time SpaceX landed a rocket successfully I think he gets a pass on not commenting on them accomplishing that.

As I stated "any one of them." Wasn't just Armstrong...

It also wasn't actually the critical anti-spaceX stuff 60 minutes claimed either- and many of them DID CALL THEM OUT ON THAT.

Including Armstrong.

Who wrote a letter to 60 minutes after the story aired pointing out they'd been incomplete in their reporting- and many others likewise criticized or corrected 60 minutes over the years.

See some examples here:

It also wasn't actually the critical anti-spaceX stuff 60 minutes claimed either- and many of them DID CALL THEM OUT ON THAT.

Including Armstrong.

Who wrote a letter to 60 minutes after the story aired pointing out they'd been incomplete in their reporting- and many others likewise criticized or corrected 60 minutes over the years.

See some examples here:
Thanks for the link! Answers my question.

Reactions: ElectricIAC

They did not. And they will not anymore than people here have apologized for past bs nor will apologize when you know what becomes something amazing they had no imagination to, well, imagine.

Yes, Neil Armstrong and Gene Cernan congratulated SpaceX after the 60 minutes interview. 60 minutes didn't really represent Armstrong's testimony in Congress accurately, and issued a correction. It's not at all surprising that Apollo era astronauts would have doubts about private space programs in those early days. It took a monumental government effort to put them on the moon, after all.

Reactions: wipster
The current $3,750 discount right off the purchase price is already a far better deal than the tax credit that will be available next year, which won't happen at the point of purchase (not until 2024) and hinges on income limits, owing tax, etc etc
Other than this short term benefit edge case:
If one qualifies for the credit, is financing the car, and has sufficient tax burden, the credit lowers their 2023 expenses at the cost of higher payements and ultimate price. Basically paying 3,750 in taxes with the loan.

Since its the holidays, I'll share what brought me here to this forum...it's to find like-minded people that care about averting climate change.

Here is a good link as it outlines some quotes from Obama to the UN in 2016:

“If we don’t act boldly, the bill that could come due will be mass migrations, and cities submerged and nations displaced, and food supplies decimated, and conflicts born of despair,” he said.

Most of it already sounds familiar to current events, yeah? Happy Holidays, everyone...

Since its the holidays, I'll share what brought me here to this forum...it's to find like-minded people that care about averting climate change.
With you.
“If we don’t act boldly, the bill that could come due will be mass migrations, and cities submerged and nations displaced, and food supplies decimated, and conflicts born of despair,” he said.

Most of it already sounds familiar to current events, yeah? Happy Holidays, everyone...
Not with you.

As someone who regularly gets absolutely slammed by devastating natural disasters because of where I live, I have no idea what this has to do with mass migrations, which I assume you mean to be from Central America into the US (I have to assume, because you didn't explain).

I have a post above that might apply:

Please create a thread titled Insane Speculation and move these types of posts over there.

Not with you.

As someone who regularly gets absolutely slammed by devastating natural disasters because of where I live, I have no idea what this has to do with mass migrations, which I assume you mean to be from Central America into the US (I have to assume, because you didn't explain).

I have a post above that might apply:

Haiti...Dominican Republic...Cuba...Guatemala...Peru...etc. just in 2022.

Without getting into speculative territory, it's worth reading through the major events that preclude the mass migrations from those countries into the US just this year in 2022...e.g. Haiti.

Reactions: navguy12
Haiti...Dominican Republic...Cuba...Guatemala...Peru...etc. just in 2022.

Without getting into speculative territory, it's worth reading through the major events that preclude the mass migrations from those countries...e.g. Haiti.
Yeah, still not with you.

I have a suggestion that might help moderate things so I can go back to mostly just reading and not posting. If you want to talk about things not *very immediately directly related to TSLA or Tesla* you can just DM me. I like to chat!

Or:Talk to some computers

Reactions: tslalala
I have a suggestion that might help moderate things so I can go back to mostly just reading and not posting. If you want to talk about things not *very immediately directly related to TSLA or Tesla* you can just DM me. I like to chat!

Ok, would people have to migrate en masse if the infrastructure for clean energy was available fully in their countries to have more resilient capabilities to live their lives (e.g. battery + solar)...?

Tesla tried to prioritize deliveries of products to Puerto Rico due to a few hurricanes that hit the island the past few years. Same with Tonga...Musk is trying to at least add internet connectivity to these countries with Starlink (e.g. Google Haiti and Starlink, if interested).

Mod: END THIS O/T DISTRACTION

Ok, would people have to migrate en masse if the infrastructure for clean energy was available fully in their countries to have more resilient capabilities to live their lives...?

Tesla tried to prioritize deliveries of products to Puerto Rico due to a few hurricanes that hit the island the past few years. Same with Tonga...Musk is trying to at least add internet connectivity to these countries with Starlink (e.g. Google Haiti and Starlink, if interested).
I have no idea what you're going on about. I get hurricaned badly, regularly. It's been happening forever where I live. Can you please just DM me or something? Or talk to chatGPT?

I'll happily go silent again for a couple months if that'll help the thread get back on track, but I was naively thinking a little nudge would help! Because you guys aren't helping yourselves at all.