Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon just retweeted this. Can we please not discuss this in this thread?

Huh, for a second I thought Elon was going to focus his time back on this company...Elon interviewing someone who bands books is ironic/hysterical when Elon himself would spend hours in his local book shop/library as a kid learning all the knowledge for him to be a successful adult.

giphy.gif

Huh, for a second I thought Elon was going to focus his time back on this company...Elon interviewing someone who bands books is ironic/hysterical when Elon himself would spend hours in his local book shop/library as a kid learning all the knowledge for him to be a successful adult.

giphy.gif
And that’s why Twitter is better now … when someone posts misinformation like that, it gets community noted.

It is utterly ridiculous. That a person couldn’t or wouldn’t call ahead when they were such a distance away as the OP stated and simply prebook a double slot is beyond ridiculous. It’s not 2013 nor 2018 nor are either of those models new to the market, though one is still in a high demand period which could cause a delay in test driving availability.

And because demo vehicles and advisors can still be a limited resource here’s another thought, one could book a single test drive of the vehicle they’re most leaning toward and come back a month or 6 later and book to test drive the other model.

Or one could book a test drive of one vehicle at one location and book the other vehicle at a different location and simply time such test drives when they’re in the area visiting family, friends or when on vacation, or, or, or. Tesla is not going to stop a person from doing those things.

Obviously, if you just show up there may not be a time slot available or the vehicle you want to test drive available. That happens at dealerships too you know, where at some locations vehicles and salesmen can be a limited resource.

Don’t be a dumb human and not think ahead. Don’t be a dumb, arrogant, entitled human and think you’re somehow special and that anyone is going to drop everything and cater to you because you’re spending some money.

I guarantee I could contact the Tesla location in question and manage to get myself a test drive in both vehicles if they were available by being pleasant, reasonable and understanding. Yes, part of being those things would be to compromise if needs be and maybe not getting the test drives exactly at the times I’d most prefer.

What I don’t do is make my first post on a Tesla enthusiast’s forum about how Tesla won’t let me test drive two vehicles and go on about how much money I’m prepared to spend. That person calls me to book an appointment for anything and instantly my schedule is full from now until you know what freezes over.
What da fudge cat...
Did I step on your tail?

Poster said Tesla wouldn't let them sign up for back to back test drives at the location in one visit. Their narrative is what I was corroborating as not ridiculous.

Are there potential options? Sure, I even gave one. But that doesn't mean the big box store doesn't have strict policies.

So Teslarati is using ChatGPT? Finally makes sense ...possibly the worst writing I have encountered. Sad sad indication of our times and the decline of society when that is profitable.
I don't think you can blame chat GpT for this it looks like human error.
Here is what chat GPT has to say about musk and magnolia

Mag. Musk: Fragrance combining magnolia and musk​

Magnolia musk

Magnolia Musk is a fragrance note or a fragrance itself that combines the scents of magnolia flowers and musk. Magnolia is a beautiful flowering plant known for its large, fragrant blossoms, while musk is a synthetic or natural ingredient commonly used in perfumery to add depth, warmth, and sensuality to fragrances.

I don't think you can blame chat GpT for this it looks like human error.
Here is what chat GPT has to say about musk and magnolia

Mag. Musk: Fragrance combining magnolia and musk​

Magnolia musk

Magnolia Musk is a fragrance note or a fragrance itself that combines the scents of magnolia flowers and musk. Magnolia is a beautiful flowering plant known for its large, fragrant blossoms, while musk is a synthetic or natural ingredient commonly used in perfumery to add depth, warmth, and sensuality to fragrances.

My strong suspicion is that this will not be an ingredient in Boring's Burnt Hair fragrance, set to debut later this month. 😏
Much to the chagrin of the Shorties who soon may very well regret the speculation of being somehow related to its naming

Last edited:
Reactions: nativewolf
Here's some trivia, if you played a song more than twice in about an hour, you've just deformed the record. They need to relax back to shape before taking more abuse. It's vinyl being scratched by a diamond needle! So that favorite song, ya it's probably gonna crackle a bit. Low stylus weight and religious cleaning helps but not fully.

if what you say is correct, side 1 of my first copy of "Exile on Main Street" should be inaudible by now and it still sounds excellent.

Do you still have the Postcard set that came with it?

If only I had more than just three of the cards left perhaps the complete set might have accrued value over time.

Got 'em:
1686608759862.png

Sorry, not for sale.
The album still sounds pretty, pretty good. The digital copy also sounds fantastic in my 2018 Model 3, (also not for sale!)

• Love
Reactions: 2daMoon and wipster