Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6085.jpeg

Actually, I thought the last two paragraphs were hysterical.
And oddly hopeful, it's just reassuring to see one lone journalist with a grasp of facts, the ability to connect dots, an engaging writing style, and a sense of humor.
Maybe others will follow...
View attachment 947314
Naah!

Medieval Doctor was my very favorite Steve Martin routine on Saturday Night Live. The bit he did with Dan Ackroyd, Wild and Crazy Guys, was hilarious as well. I guess that’s my favorite followed by Medieval Doctor. That crazy dance he did with Gilda Radner was amazingly funny and now quite touching, so I think that’s my favorite, followed by Wild and Crazy Guys and then your Medieval Doctor thing. There was another bit he did that really cracked me up. Maybe it will come to me.

Medieval Doctor was my very favorite Steve Martin routine on Saturday Night Live. The bit he did with Dan Ackroyd, Wild and Crazy Guys, was hilarious as well. I guess that’s my favorite followed by Medieval Doctor. That crazy dance he did with Gilda Radner was amazingly funny and now quite touching, so I think that’s my favorite, followed by Wild and Crazy Guys and then your Medieval Doctor thing. There was another bit he did that really cracked me up. Maybe it will come to me.
King Tut?

Fwiw the betting sites that just started taking bets are setting the line:

Convert it into percent and normalize it and they are giving Zuck ~80% to win and Elon ~20%. Zuck seems to be the more experienced fighter but Elon has the size and confidence.

I think this is a very stupid idea but one of the most craziest and most hilarious turn of events this year! With 20/20 hindsight after Elon challenged Putin we probably should have expected that he would challenge Bezos, Zuckerberg or someone else...

Fwiw the betting sites that just started taking bets are setting the line:

Convert it into percent and normalize it and they are giving Zuck ~80% to win and Elon ~20%. Zuck seems to be the more experienced fighter but Elon has the size and confidence.
Zuck actually has been training Jui Jitsu, and he is 39 to Musk's 51. Zuck has cardio, Musk has none. If Elon were to train 2 hours a day for the next 8 weeks, maybe he could get competitive given his size advantage, but I still would doubt it.

Zuck actually has been training Jui Jitsu, and he is 39 to Musk's 51. Zuck has cardio, Musk has none. If Elon were to train 2 hours a day for the next 8 weeks, maybe he could get competitive given his size advantage, but I still would doubt it.
Zuckerberg won gold and silver at a championship:

Elon has some background:
He also fought some bullies in SA. Elon might be doing some aspie word play when he says he trained briefly. It's hard to know. We need to add a lot of uncertainty to his skill level. He might be downplaying his level. Size is a large factor in wrestling. I think Elon probably tried to learn MMA with the same intensity as he tried to learn about rocketry. I mean, his life depended on it in SA...

That being said, I think the betting sites have the line correctly, but lots of room to make money to be on this. If you think you understand Elon/Zuckerberg/MMA better than the market I would recommend to bet on this, sometimes there are great opportunities to make large profit. I made a decent amount of money betting on alphago beating Lee Sedol, but my confidence in my understanding of AI is a lot better than my understanding of MMA...

Last edited:

He also fought some bullies in SA. Elon might be doing some aspie word play when he says he trained briefly. It's hard to know. We need to add a lot of uncertainty to his skill level. He might be downplaying his level. Size is a large factor in wrestling. I think Elon probably tried to learn MMA with the same intensity as he tried to learn about rocketry. I mean, his life depended on it in SA...

That being said, I think the betting sites have the line correctly, but lots of room to make money to be on this. If you think you understand Elon/Zuckerberg/MMA better than the market I would recommend to bet on this, sometimes there are great opportunities to make large profit. I made a decent amount of money betting on alphago beating Lee Sedol, but my confidence in my understanding of AI is a lot better than my understanding of MMA...
That first video of Zuck fighting Jui Jitsu was interesting. He isn’t very skilled. Of course, I’m used to watching professional MMA fighters, but still. So, yeah, it could very well be a closer match than I thought.

No one is talking about the rule set. Zuck does Jui Jitsu, which is a pure grappling, non striking sport. Elon, when replying, is talking “cage match” which normally would refer to full MMA, where striking is very much part of the deal. I can totally see Elon being crazy enough to do a full MMA match, but I don’t think Zuck would be up for that. Stranger things have happened though (just talking about this is strange enough). If it is full MMA, then odds tilt far more towards Elon.

Since it's after hours, might as well indulge:

Maybe this is Elon's masterplan to beat up Mark Zuckerberg and he's been secretly training for the last year. He looks like he's in much better shape.

That first video of Zuck fighting Jui Jitsu was interesting. He isn’t very skilled. Of course, I’m used to watching professional MMA fighters, but still. So, yeah, it could very well be a closer match than I thought.

No one is talking about the rule set. Zuck does Jui Jitsu, which is a pure grappling, non striking sport. Elon, when replying, is talking “cage match” which normally would refer to full MMA, where striking is very much part of the deal. I can totally see Elon being crazy enough to do a full MMA match, but I don’t think Zuck would be up for that. Stranger things have happened though (just talking about this is strange enough). If it is full MMA, then odds tilt far more towards Elon.

Meta better start reviewing their succession plans - their CEO's about to get walrused.