Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON SURVEY

Did you press The Button?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lest anyone think I am an “anonymous nick:”
F3A15AD4-4730-48A8-9B23-08CE897E196C.png

• Funny
Reactions: mark95476
Living up to my safe-driving claim. Looks increasingly likely they will need to go to four significant digits to assess who qualifies for the beta. It’s very easy to keep a score of 100 (rounded).

In the GM OnStar app, this game was a lot higher difficulty. (You weren’t allowed to drive at night, for example!)

13015A69-D17D-4E96-9660-C7714EBCFE07.jpeg

Living up to my safe-driving claim. Looks increasingly likely they will need to go to four significant digits to assess who qualifies for the beta. It’s very easy to keep a score of 100 (rounded).

In the GM OnStar app, this game was a lot higher difficulty. (You weren’t allowed to drive at night, for example!)
A Tesla Safety Score of 84 means you have double the probability of collision as someone with a score of 100. There's some serious grade inflation going on!

I haven’t gone through the formulas - does it get hard-capped at 100 or do the coefficients work out so that you cannot exceed 100?
Not hard capped.
115.382324 - 22.526504 * .682854 = 100.
I think the exponents of hard braking, aggressive turning, and unsafe following time are percentages... which is weird.
I don't approve of the number of significant digits used in their calculations.

1632598796496.png

Even if FSD Beta itself is unsafe it will be offset by all the people driving more safely in order to get FSD Beta. 🤔

I found when gaming the GM driving score that it made me less safe, since I would be reluctant to slow down quickly even if I thought it was appropriate for safety (defensive driving slowing, due to suspicious vehicle behavior, anticipating errors due to other drivers, etc.). Cut into the safety margins.

No. And I do not care what anyone thinks of my driving. I definitively follow closer than Autopilot does and when I pass cars I do it as quickly as I feel is safe. For me Autopilot has not found an acceptable passing situation on two lane roads but the capabilities of the car make them more more doable.

I pressed the button so I'm in the queue and did not vote.

Funny, but not surprising, how the "Button is never happening" narrative has changed from a few weeks ago. Repeating myself-- I think many of the complainer don't own a Tesla or don't have the FSD option.

I don't care about autosteer city. I'll take any AP improvements and really want the improved visualizations.

I'm surprised so few people here have pressed the button. I wonder what percentage of of The Queue participants have voted in the poll?

I pressed the button so I'm in the queue and did not vote.

Funny, but not surprising, how the "Button is never happening" narrative has changed from a few weeks ago. Repeating myself-- I think many of the complainer don't own a Tesla or don't have the FSD option.

I don't care about autosteer city. I'll take any AP improvements and really want the improved visualizations.
Was there a button is never happening narrative?
I realize that this poll is not very useful. We will need a poll of people's Safety Score (beta) to measure what percentage of people are getting FSD Beta at different Safety Scores. I will create that poll before the rollout begins if someone else doesn't do it.
My prediction is that FSD Beta will never see wide release (meaning anyone can get it). You can see that here: POLL: When will "Quantum Leap" FSD be released to the HW3 fleet?
I have the option to purchase FSD but I have not. :p It does not look useful to me until it is out of beta. I may subscribe for a month to get HW3 if there are Autopilot improvements (I do regret not buying FSD when it was briefly $2k but at that time HW3 hadn't been announced).