Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from my morning drive to the gym (10 miles round trip) and got my first Safety Score for (Sept 25, 2021)

Mainly drove on autopilot 99% of the time 😆

IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2468.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg

You will need to drive about 1-2 miles. I found that if you delete the Tesla app and reinstall it. The Safety Score will appear.

Last edited:
Something tells me they are going to need to disable Safety Score capture when/if Track mode is enabled. Seems like a possible gap in collection accuracy unless that is the case.
In track mode they require a high percentage of 1G braking and turning. If you're not doing that on the track you're not a good driver.
Or they could easily check the GPS with the knowledge that tracks are smaller than a square mile...

Anyone with a newly delivered FSD car (e.g., 014 days since delivery), that is running the factory firmware, receive the 2021.32.22 Firmware update with Beta button? I'm wondering if newly delivered cars are locked out of even this update for a few weeks.
Took delivery Aug 28 - still on factory firmware (2021.11). FSD subscription - still no update.

That should still put those of us who have pushed it already in the top 3% of tesla owners (30,000 cars?). Assuming we drive carefully, I’d like to think we’re near the top of the queue…..

Button pressed. As of now, only 6% of cars have this latest software update (according to Teslafi). Let’s say half of those have FSD, and ALL of those owners have pushed the button already.

That should still put those of us who have pushed it already in the top 3% of tesla owners (30,000 cars?). Assuming we drive carefully, I’d like to think we’re near the top of the queue…..
If you are thinking that this is a first-come-first-served queue then you are wrong. It is not a sequential queue.

What do you think "aggressive turning" means? Initial thought is you are taking actual curves or turns too fast, but most other car insurance safe driving metrics just record aggressive acceleration and hard braking. I wonder if aggressive turning also means aggressive turning of the wheels, like strong acceleration?
I suspect that I will need to change some of my driving habits to avoid this red flag....
On the second to last turn for me driving home, is generally a green light and 90 degree right hand turn. I normally don't bother with friction brakes here. I let regen slow me enough and take the 90 degree turn (while always staying in my lane) at a frequently quick pace. The M3 is very low Cg and well planted vehicle, so it performs this task excellently. Unfortunately I am sure that the G levels I experience on this maneuver will NOT score well. 🥲

It does trigger a lot of warnings. When lanes expand into turning lanes at intersections, large intersections without lines, and people making unprotected turns in front of you or turning into parking lots, I will get a lot of uncomfortable wheel tugs, red blaring hands on wheel warnings, and FCWs. I use it sometimes just to test out if it's improved between builds lol. But once i get the button i will not mess with city AP for 7 days haha.
Anyone figured out whether forward collision warnings while parking are part of the safety score ?

We just got The Button this morning. The key thing for this question is "we". I'm much more the beta tester personality than my wife is. If I push The Button and get through the queue to get the FSD beta, is it one of those features that is profile specific? I'd like to turn it on, but I don't want to foist it on my wife if she'd rather not. Anyone know yet?